Home Forums Software Development EyeX is disconnecting in calibration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barel A
    Participant

Hey, when i’m calibrating the EyeX the device is disconnecting in the second stage (the orange dot)

This is the log:

=======================================
     Application start date:    07/11/2014 
     Application start time:    09:11:29 
     Product version:           1.0.0 
     Package type:              OEM 
    =======================================

09:11:29	INFO	Start Tobii Configuration Application.
    09:11:29	INFO	Context_1.TransportLayerConnecting...
    09:11:29	INFO	TetConfig: DisplayDevices::GetDisplayDeviceName(173) Message=No displayDeviceName found for index 1
    09:11:29	INFO	TetConfig: DisplayDevices::GetMonitorDeviceName(206) Message=No Monitor Device Name found for display name \\.\DISPLAY1 and index 1
    09:11:29	INFO	TetConfig: DisplayDevices::GetDisplayDeviceName(173) Message=No displayDeviceName found for index 1
    09:11:29	INFO	ResolveConfigurationFlow: Run
    09:11:29	INFO	CalibrationFlow: Run
    09:11:35	INFO	CalibrationFlow: Run
    09:11:35	INFO	Flow navigator: step - Tobii.EyeTracking.Common.Calibration.ViewModels.EyesPositioningViewModel, index - 0 activated
    09:11:35	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Activate
    09:11:35	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Start
    09:11:35	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Start
    09:11:35	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Stop
    09:11:36	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Started
    09:11:53	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Stop
    09:11:54	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Deactivate
    09:11:54	INFO	Flow navigator: step - Tobii.EyeTracking.Common.Calibration.ViewModels.CalibrationProcessViewModel, index - 1 activated
    09:11:54	INFO	CalibrationProcessViewModel: start calibration
    09:11:54	INFO	CalibrationProcess: StartCalibrationProcessLoop calibration
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcess: Failed calibration with exceptionTobii.Gaze.Core.EyeTrackerException: Operation timed out. (error code Timeout).
       in-  Tobii.EyeTracking.Common.EyeTrackerConnection.EyeTrackerEtcc.StartCalibration()
       in-  Tobii.EyeTracking.Common.Calibration.CalibrationProcess.ConnectAndStartCalibration(Uri eyeTrackerUrl)
       in-  Tobii.EyeTracking.Common.Calibration.CalibrationProcess.CalibrationProcessLoop(Uri eyeTrackerUrl, Point2D[] calibrationPoints, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recalibrate)
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcessViewModel: calibration process completed, result - ConnectionError
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcessViewModel: stop calibration process.
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcess: Stop
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationViewModel: StopCalibration
    09:11:58	INFO	EyesPositioningViewModel: Stop
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcessViewModel: stop
    09:11:58	INFO	CalibrationProcessViewModel: stop calibration process skipped as no calibration process is active.
    09:11:58	ERROR	CalibrationFlow: Error code from calibration: ConnectionError
    09:11:58	ERROR	CalibrationFlow: Calibration completed with error The calibration could not be performed. Please check that your eye tracker is plugged in and retry. 
    If the problem persists, contact support for assistance.
    09:12:11	INFO	ResolveConfigurationFlow: Done

I saw some threads in forum about this problem, a user named “Robert” said that is a problem with some screen sharing programs so i tried to delete TeamViewer and no change, still the same log.

Hi there,
    could you please send a quick email to our support: http://www.tobii.com/eyex-support
    I’ll be able to give you a debug tool which will give us some further log-files, so we can figure the exact cause!

Thanks!

/Konstantin

Jacob Boyle
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue. Did you ever resolve this?

Hi Jacob,
    still having troubles?
    The issue above is actually more an individual problem, so depending on the pc and basically the inside.
    Could you describe your problem a bit more detailed?

/Konstantin

Tommy Wong
    Participant

I am facing this particular issue as well after updating

Tetiana Klimonova
    Participant

Hi Tommy,
    I also had the same issue before, “Calibration Error” popup appeared.
    Try to plug in Eye tracker one more time, and restart Tobii Service from Task Manager.

Jacob Ringbo
    Participant

I am also having this exact issue. As soon as the calibration with the dots starts, the device disconnects. I have tried restarting the Tobii service and replugging the device but nothing seems to help. Also nothing helpfull in the error log…

Hi,
    could you please try to update your USB 3.0 controller drivers?
    That’s usually the reason, causing connection issues.

More information in our FAQ , article: Manually update the USB 3.0 controller driver

Cheers,
    Konstantin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.