Home Forums Unity SDK Failing to start prefabs from TobiiPro/VR/Prefabs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. I am trying to run a simple Unity project using prefabs from the Tobii Pro SDK Prefabs for VR using HTC Vive Pro. I believe I followed all the instructions correctly, but when running the project created according to the readme file in the TobiiPro/VR folder, the prefabs do not function. For example, when trying to run calibration with a set hotkey, I get an error: Failed to start calibration thread. Also, when trying to start the VRPositioningGuide, I do see the display with two squares and two circles where I am supposed to adjust the headset to have circles inside the squares, however, regardless the movement of the headset, circles do not move, like if the prefabs are not active. I am working on Windows 10 and I use OpenVR engine in Unity (not SteamVR). I know there was a similar topic here, but the solution is not explicit, so any help is appreciated!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @olgalukashovasanz and thanks for your query. As you are using the Tobii Pro SDK then I would kindly redirect you to the Tobii Pro Support department directly who may be more acquainted with this issue.

This forum is principally intended for support with the Tobii Tech Consumer level eye trackers (4C, Eyex, etc) and their associated SDK’s.
    Please get in touch with Tobii Pro Support team directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an answer to your query.

That being said, I noticed you already found the similar thread here related to “failed to start calibration thread”.. did you already try reinstalling the HTV Vive Drivers?

Thank you for your fast reply! Apologies, I will then contact the Tobii Pro Support. Regarding the drivers, I installed them on a clean computer yesterday, so it seems fine, but something is definitely wrong, hopefully soon will figure it out, thank you!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @olgalukashovasanz, okay thanks for your understading. If indeed, you find a suitable solution it would be great if you could kindly post it here for the benefits of other users. Best Wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.