Home Forums Software Development gaze position when using in external monitor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tiblop
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using a tobii 4c and I use it on a monitor. Both my computer and the monitor have 1920×1080 resolution. However when I look at the right corner of my external screen ( gaze trace correctly displayed on the right corner) and I display the gaze point position coordinate I get a position for x that is greater than 1920, it is usualy around 2300-2500 . So I don’t understand how is this position calculated?

thank you

tiblop
    Participant

I found the problem.
    The problem is that in order for my computer to have a normal aspect when my monitor is plugged in, it is set to display text and UI at 125% which is the recommanded setting.
    Then, if I turn on my computer with the monitor already plugged in, The dimentions are correct (1920×1080)
    but if I turn on my computer with the monitor not plugged in, and then I plug it in, the dimentions are not correct (2400x 1350)

This explain how to get correct data, this problem should still be fixed my tobii developpers

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tiblop, thank you for your report. If I can summarise in preparation for reporting to the developers (please correct me where necessary).

You are using the Tobii Core SDK which is reporting erroneous gaze data locations on your secondary monitor which is fixed when the computer is started with the secondary monitor connected.

I assume the DPI setting has no effect on this behaviour? Also, if you connect the monitor *after* startup, are the windows display settings the same? (ie same position, etc)

Thank you for the additional detail, however one should bear in the mind that the current Core SDK does not as a rule support multiple monitor displays, however I will endeavour to provide you feedback as appropriate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.