Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] ISE crashes on ED:Horizons start

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jon Burgin
    Participant

And now…. I get “Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.”

James M Andrews Jr
    Participant

I’m getting the same error. I’ve looked at the logs as Mr. Burgin above has done and get the same data. I have tried every remedy that has been discussed on these forums and on the Elite forums. I’ve installed then deleted all the Tobii files several times. I verified the USB 3.0 ports on my MB, they are Intel, then even ordered and installed the Tobii recommended USB card. All function properly. I just now reinstalled all the Tobii files, and reconfigured Tobii EyeX and Infinite Screen. Calibration is fine, I can break the dots, but when I launch Elite Dangerious Horizons (64), no joy with Tobii eye tracking. I’m very frustrated and would like an answer from Tobii to get this solved.

Jon Burgin
    Participant

Ha!
    James, we should form a support group!
    Seriously though, I’m getting to the point where I’m beginning to feel guilty about being a good steward of my money by not requesting a refund.

I have seen videos of the technology being used by others with elite and it does look awesome, but I did buy it for elite dangerous. The most frustrating part is that the error messages generally lack enough information to be useful. As an experienced software engineer, may I humbly suggest something of the form “module:method:variable:message” or “class:member:message” depending on your software paradigm on all your error logs.

With the above error, I get no indication of what function, or variable is the problem. Same with the previous error regarding the xml. No statement as to which xml file had no root or which function/method was attempting to read the file.

I’m probably just talking to the wind here, but on the off chance a developer gets this advice and is not inhibited by pride to receive it, it will greatly help your future efforts.

As for me, I’m not angry, but I feel the fool when I get disappointed too many times and will have to give up soon.

Try updating to the latest version (1.1.1). If the problem remains then please check the log file with the appropriate date under “%programdata%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Logs”. Create an support issue and attach that file or just copy/paste that entire last error message (not the whole file!!) in a reply here.

FYI: This error most likely confined to the ISE-application so there is absolutely no need to uninstall the entire Tobii EyeX software stack or anything else for that matter.

One possible cause could be corrupted setting files. Try removing all files and folders under “%localappdata%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen” (NOTE: this will remove any setting you’ve made in ISE!).

I have seen videos of the technology being used by others with elite and it does look awesome, but I did buy it for elite dangerous. The most frustrating part is that the error messages generally lack enough information to be useful. As an experienced software engineer, may I humbly suggest something of the form “module:method:variable:message” or “class:member:message” depending on your software paradigm on all your error logs.

With the above error, I get no indication of what function, or variable is the problem. Same with the previous error regarding the xml. No statement as to which xml file had no root or which function/method was attempting to read the file.

I’m probably just talking to the wind here, but on the off chance a developer gets this advice and is not inhibited by pride to receive it, it will greatly help your future efforts.

As for me, I’m not angry, but I feel the fool when I get disappointed too many times and will have to give up soon.

No worries, I’m a developer and I hear you.

We try to present helpful error messages in those rare cases where a user without any knowledge of the internal workings of the system could be expected and/or instructed to perform an action that could help remedy the problem. Blurting out long and intimidating stack traces is not very helpful for the normal user (they might even respond negatively to it) and that is why we present a limited error message to the user while logging more detailed information of the exception in the aforementioned log files.

I’m sorry that you’ve had to hit one error after another (you’ve hit a lot of “firsts” as well I’m afraid) but know that we’re working hard at resolving all of the issues that you and all other users have encountered.

Jon Burgin
    Participant

Thanks Henrik,

I appreciate your responsiveness. Just curious, if it is not a trade secret, what languages do yall use?

Jon Burgin
    Participant

I deleted the settings file,
    restarted infini screen,
    it requested a new version,
    downloaded and installed it.
    Same error on start of elite dangerous.

I deleted the settings file,
    restarted infini screen,
    it requested a new version,
    downloaded and installed it.
    Same error on start of elite dangerous.

Did you take a look at the error in the log files (“%PROGRAMDATA%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Logs\InfiniteScreen-<date>.txt”)?

Thanks Henrik,

I appreciate your responsiveness. Just curious, if it is not a trade secret, what languages do yall use?

Usually C, C++ and C#. In the case of ISE we’re mainly using C#.

Jon Burgin
    Participant

Sorry, I forgot to include it:

2016-03-02 21:19:18,948 [FreeTrackAccumulativeHidMapper Thread] ERROR Version:1.1.1.379 System.AppDomain - 
    Application Unhandled exception
    System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
       at System.Math.Sign(Double value)
       at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.HidMapperSettings.SensitivityTransform(Double value)
       at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.AccumulativeHidMapper.Map(TimeSpan timeDelta)
       at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.HidMapper.ThreadLoopProcedure()
       at Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.LoopedThread.ThreadLoop(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Thought you might want to know – I was actually able to find and fix the bug that was causing this error 5 min after our remote session so you won’t have to use the “switching main display”-workaround as of the next update :).

Jon Burgin
    Participant

That’s great Henrik!

For those of you that are curious, it was caused by a bug where:
    1) tobii eyeX and elite dangerous where not the primary monitor
    2) the dimensions of the 2nd monitor where being returned incorrectly.

Our temporary work around is to make whatever monitor has all the applications and the hardware on it, be the primary as far as Windows is concerned.

FYI: I prefer to have ED be on the secondary monitor so that my clock shows up on the task bar. Kinda silly, but there you go.

Omri Goldblat
    Participant

How where you able to do that ?

Jon Burgin
    Participant

In Windows 10

1. right click the desktop to bring up a context menu
    2. select ‘Display Settings’
    3. this will take you to the Settings|System|Display panel
    4. select the large ‘2’ that represents your 2nd screen
    5. select the ‘Make this my main display’ checkbox

Good luck!

Omri Goldblat
    Participant

Ahhh…. my mistake, I only have 1 monitor, so I guess its the default one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘[Solved] ISE crashes on ED:Horizons start’ is closed to new replies.