Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Issues with TCP/IP firmware install

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Francis JAMBON
    Participant

Hi,

I have some problems:
    – the REX firmware 1.0.5 (TCP/IP) refuses to install with the Tobii Eye Tracking Settings (version 1.6.641 ), with message : “It seems that the file you selected was not valid. Please make sure that you have selected a valid firmware package file”. Same thing for the REX firmware 1.1.2 (USB-HID).
    – the Tobii USB Service version 1.2.0.x86 refuses to install claiming insufficient privileges, I so install the previous version from the USB Master Key (version 1.0.1.33).

I have this configuration :
    MS Window 7 professional 64 bits
    Tobii REX firmware version 1.1.2.26230.20130910.1348.root
    Tobii USB Service version 1.0.1.33 (version 1.2 refuses to install)
    Tobii IS driver version 1.3.5
    Tobii Eye Tracking Settings Version 1.6.641

Any idea ?

Anders
    Participant

Hi Francis,
    starting with the USB service issue, I think that this could be due to a missing visual C++ runtimes package, although the error message isn’t exactly helpful. Please try downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable package (x86) and see if it helps. (The older USB service depends on the 2010 runtimes, which might explain why it works when the newer one doesn’t.)

For the firmware installation issue, please try the firmware upgrade tool in the Gaze SDK tools package on the REX setup page. Even if it doesn’t work right away, it might still get you a more informative error message.

Francis JAMBON
    Participant

Hi Anders,

About the USB service issue the “Package redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ 2012” solved the issue. Now it works fine.

About the firmware installation issue, to use the command line firmware installation tool, you need to have the “Tracker URL” information, use “tet-tcp://<ip-adress>” or “tet-usb://<serial number>” depending of the Tobii REX firmware version. With that information, it works fine and the Tobii REX have a new Firmware.

Thanks. Francis.

Francis JAMBON
    Participant

Hi,

After firmware upadte, the Tobii REX suffer from a critical issue : it is well recognized by the Tobii Eye Tracker Control Panel, wich show the good firmware version : “1.0.5.25169.20130705.1446.root” but : it is impossible to setup neither calibrate it. Moreover the showcase demo refuses to start claiming “Error initializing TecSDK : Failed to create instance of tec extension”.

After several tests and finally uninstall the USB-HID driver the showcase demo works. I think it was the issue: the USB-HID driver conflicts with the TCP-IP driver when the TCP/IP firmware is used. However the Tobii Eye Tracker Control Panel still refuses to setup and calibrate.

Finally I change the firmware back to USB-HID, everything goes back to normal.

Hope it helps, Francis.

Francis JAMBON
    Participant

Follow-up: Recently we discovered that the computer we use had an issue with the network. The Apple Bonjour, sometimes, bypasses any other network connection. So, the issues with the REX TCP/IP firmware may be due to that problem, and are not linked with the firmware itself. I could not test that hypothesis by now, but it is a serious track.

Hope it helps, Francis.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Thank you for the information. There are many problems related to TCP/IP, network discovery etc, and we probably haven’t tested all cases. For consumer eye trackers we are moving over to USB-HID as much as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.