Home Forums Feature Requests Multiple Device Selection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gibbs
    Participant

Hi All,

Just registered so I can put forth this suggestion. I have an Alienware Area-51m R2 laptop with Tobii built-in. I also have a 4k External monitor that I sometimes use for gaming with it.

I would like to add Tobii to the External monitor, but have been told it wouldn’t work because of the laptop having it built-in.

It would be nice to be able to select which device to use, i.e turn the built-in device off, when connected to an external add-on.

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @gibbylinks, although Tobii software does not currently support multiple eye-trackers connected simultaneously, you should be able to switch eye trackers by disabling the one not in use via the Device Manager in Windows.

To make this a more elegant workaroud, you could setup a script to automatically enable/disable the integrated Tobii device via Autohot key (https://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/80762-disable-a-device-without-opening-device-manager/)

In the meantime, I will pass along your comments to the developers for consideration. Best Wishes.

Paul Gibbs
    Participant

Thanks Grant

Paul Gibbs
    Participant

Hi,

So I bought Eye tracker 5 and it works great by doing as Grant suggested disabling the onboard Tobii. My initial problem was which Tobii to disable? Easily solved by unplugging the Tracker 5 and seeing which one was left.

I know you can rename device names so they appear in device manager differently. I would like to rename the built in one to “Integrated Tobii Hello Sensor“.Please could someone point me to the Registry value to change, and would there be any ramifications in doing this.

Also is there anything else I have to disable in device manager for the onboard one?

Being cheeky, if anyone would like to do the script as Grants post, (I am PC savvy but not great at coding).

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.