[Solved] Namespace errors after importing Tobii in existing project

Home Forums Unity SDK [Solved] Namespace errors after importing Tobii in existing project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joost
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Tobii eyetracking into an existing HTC Vive project and after importing the SDK package I get 139 compile errors on Assets/TobiiXR/Core/Providers/OpenVR/Plugins/openvr_api.cs They are all of the type The namespace `Valve.VR’ already contains a definition for ….

I can see that in Assets/SteamVR/Plugins there is also an openvr_api.cs

That’s probably causing the conflict. Can I safely remove one of them?

Thanks.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @joostbos, sorry to hear about your issues. As the XR SDK is still under active development, the engineering team has requested that you kindly send compilation errors of this type directly to them at [email protected]

Thereafter, a member of the team should be in touch promptly. Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Ovidiu C [Tobii]
    Participant

Updating for tracking purposes: the solution was to remove the Tobii folder and then include the latest SDK. Another part of the problems experienced was caused by the fact that @joostbos updated Unity to a version that, unlike previous ones, did not include OpenVR package. But, after seeing the warning and installing OpenVR manually, everything worked fine so we can consider this solved.
    On our end, we have updated the documentation with a warning regarding deleting the folder before updating to a newer SDK: https://developer.tobii.com/vr/develop/unity/getting-started/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.