Home Forums Game Integration New version of Infinite Screen Extension (1.1.0.372)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Download

Release notes

Please use this thread for feedback regarding this release.

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

I just installed the newest version of the Infinite Screen extension and have found some things that made me roll back to a previous version I luckily still had on my PC. (first lesson back up the previous drivers).

Currently using version 1.0.1.290, I don’t know how many were between this and the current one that have actually been released.

With the newest version I noticed that the eye movement in ED(Horizons) is a bit sluggish while in the previous version it was fluent for me on default settings.

In game button to lock the eye gazing doesn’t work setting it up in the control features in IFS doesn’t take the right HOTAS key I normally use (the I button on my throttle on the X55 Rhino).

I didn’t make a note of my settings before upgrading but by rolling back to a earlier version that works as I am used I can see im at Speed 6, Gradient 2, Dead zone 0.80.

I haven’t reinstalled the newest version yet to try if the sluggish control will be gone if I use my current settings cause I cant lock the gaze with the new version.

Dont know if anyone else had the same problems I had and also would like to know if there is a place we can download older drivers to roll back to if need be.

Nygel
    Participant

For me the new drivers have made the movement feel really jerky in Elite Dangerous. Whatever I set the sliders to does not seem to sort it.

Also the deadzone, I thought I used to be able to glance at the radar/pips with hardly any movement, this does not seem possible anymore, is the deadzone working? It kind of feels like it isn’t.

Currently using version 1.0.1.290, I don’t know how many were between this and the current one that have actually been released.

You missed the 1.0.1.323 then.

With the newest version I noticed that the eye movement in ED(Horizons) is a bit sluggish while in the previous version it was fluent for me on default settings.

We switched from using VJoy to the FreeTrack protocol in E:D. There are a number of benefits of doing this (e.g. not having to mess around with configuration files etc) and the FreeTrack-implementation is also much more responsive since there is no input smoothing done on FreeTrack data as opposed to joystick input data. It might feel a bit less smooth but it should definitely feel a lot more responsive so I’m very surprised to hear you say that if feels sluggish. The default settings for ED was changed last minute and I agree that it might be a bit on the slow side. Have you tried changing the settings?

In game button to lock the eye gazing doesn’t work setting it up in the control features in IFS doesn’t take the right HOTAS key I normally use (the I button on my throttle on the X55 Rhino).

In game hotkeys should not be necessary (I guess ED doesn’t allow for “resetting” head trackers) but setting up bindings with your X55 should work (our tests are done with the X52 but in this regard they’re essentially the same). Which button are you trying to bind to?

I haven’t reinstalled the newest version yet to try if the sluggish control will be gone if I use my current settings cause I cant lock the gaze with the new version.

Dont know if anyone else had the same problems I had and also would like to know if there is a place we can download older drivers to roll back to if need be.

You can find download links to all previous version of ISE here.

Davel
    Participant

I’m also finding the new version feels much more sluggish. I’ve doubled the setting of the Speed slider (from 2 to 4), which has helped, but it still doesn’t feel as smooth as previously. Maybe I got used to the old version though and have really only spent a couple of minutes with this new one … I’ll give this new version some time to see if I can get used to it … maybe it’s just ‘different’ when I had forced myself to get used to the old one

Nygel
    Participant

I don’t think it’s sluggish, I think it’s as Henrik is saying it’s just more responsive.

It’s hard to define to be honest since we can only judge it on how it “feels”.

For me it “judders” more I think, so the old system didn’t poll as often so had to smooth things out, now there’s no smoothing. But the difference it noticeable because although it may be polling more often it still doesn’t seem to be enough to match the fluid feeling it had before.

After trying it for a bit you can get used, to be honest it does feel more responsive which is obviously a plus, but it just doesn’t “feel” quite as good as it did. Perhaps some level of smoothing could be reintroduced, say via optional checkbox? I mean presumably the code to do that might actually already exist since it was used under the old vjoy system? So maybe that could be repurposed but with say a smaller buffer so it doesn;t dumb it down too much.

Again it’s hard to talk about because it’s all on how it feels but it seems like the sliders are out of whack a bit now. Since the sensitivity has been amped up you’re likely to have the sensitivity set to a different position than you had it before and because the three sliders actually all affect each other this sensitivity change feels like the deadzone/gradient slider’s upper/lower ranges may need recalibrating at Tobii’s end.

Again hard to be sure but it feels like once you get deadzone to the correct place, even one notch up/down shifts the deadzone massively meaning the range doesn;t seem right.

Marcus
    Participant

It is much more responsive indeed but still not an upgrade compared to the older version which was silk smooth. It is a stuttery mess with lots of judder right now.

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

I use the I button on the throttle which is the Joystick 5 button in game.Which corresponds to joystick 14 key on infinite screen.

I have to add the mouse click as the joy button on its own doesn’t work. And still the button in game wont work. Maybe it has to be hard coded into the X55 driver software, which I never used for playing ED.

headlook1
    headlook2
    headlook3

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

Sorry the images dont work.

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

I have reinstalled the latest version and set the control settings to the same speed, gradient, deadzone as the previous one.

yes it is very sensitive but just not as fluid as before you may call it jerky, sluggish or how ever you see it.

I can make a video of it so you can see the difference.

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

Back to the toggle headlock bit.

In control features I need to set it to a key press in order to work.
    To centre I used the same key.

I now use F8 so I can do it by voice command in Voice Attack.

As I don’t like to rely solely on VA and want to keep my hands of the keyboard I returned back to the previous version of IFS also cause of the stutter in movement. Sorry :/

Nygel
    Participant

@Marc Have you seen the ED thread where a tobii dev says they’re working on smoothing out the Freetrack data

Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

No I havent, sorry.

@Henrik
    I have sent Alexey 2 videos through skype he will handover tomorrow so you can see the differences.

Good night all 🙂

Nygel
    Participant
    Marc Pleijsier
    Participant

Ah thanks for that, hardly go into the ED forums, as it will cost me a lot of time to read through most of it 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘New version of Infinite Screen Extension (1.1.0.372)’ is closed to new replies.