Home Forums Software Development Precision of Experience Center vs Stream Engine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peter Verswyvelen
    Participant

I got a license to use the stream engine for personal usage, to make something that works better than PrecisionGazeMouse for my scenario; I want to pause the gaze cursor control when I use the mouse or hold a modifier key.

It took me under one hour to build this from the C# sample Tobii provided, so thanks for this!

It works fine with just my Tobii Eyetracker 5 (no using webcam).

However I notice that the precision I get with the Tobii Experience Home application is a lot better than with the stream engine SDK; in the Experience app I can move the blob to the corners of the screen a lot easier, and the blob is more stable (less jitter).

Do I need to do something extra to get the same gaze pointer precision with the stream engine SDK?

Thanks,
    Peter

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @ziriax, thanks for your message and glad to hear about your project.. do you have a GitHub page for it? Certainly, this would allow us to try and reproduce the issue you described. Also, how are you performing calibration? Is it the same process for both experience app and the stream engine application?

Also, how are you judging the precision within the Experience App? The gaze overlay ? This has built in smoothing filters whereas the stream engine (Depending on the gaze stream) reports either raw or lightly filtered data.

Peter Verswyvelen
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t have a GitHub page yet because Tobii does not allow me to redistribute. That being said, maybe source code is not considered redistribution?

I am not doing any calibration at all. The SDK states that you need a license for that. I was assuming that the calibrated profile I made with the Experience app would be automatically used by the Streaming Engine?

Also, the docs mention that it is possible to just call the calibration tool (configuration.exe -Q) from my app. I did that, and then I get to see white exploding dots instead of blue ones, but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

I am judging the precision by just moving the mouse with the data I get from Stream Engine (based on the Tobii C# example in the SDK). It seems far less precise. But maybe I need to calibrate my app first. Any pointers on how to do this would be helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.