Home Forums Software Development Sample code not working on Alienware 15 R3 (with tobii aware IR camera)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vincenzo Lauretta
    Participant

beside of the topic title, I’ve also the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C connected to my Alienware 15 R3.
    apparently, none of the samples downloaded from github seems working. Yes, I updated the nuget packages to version 0.7.3. Yes, I updated the tobii software/driver with latest version

I’m interested in wpf development, so I tried the WPF sample (it runs but doesn’t get eyes interaction), but tried also the console applications samples. Nothing works.

I’ve the latest version of Windows 1809 (updated today, and even before this the samples were not working)

Any clue?
    Thank you

Vincenzo Lauretta
    Participant

_host.States.CreateEyeTrackingDeviceStatusObserver on the Changed event notify “InvalidConfiguration”

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wormino, sorry to hear about your issues. Can you kindly confirm that the eye tracker is working normally using the Stock Tobii Software (ie mouse warp, calibration, games, etc)? In addition, if you happen to have another PC on which to test the sample applications with the 4C that would be extremely useful to know where the issue may lie.

Also, via the Tobii Core Interaction Software System Tray icon, there is the option to collect diagnostics on the eye tracker. Can you do this please and send over? It may also be worth trying to uninstall the Tobii Aware software and running the Github samples again.

Thanks for your patience whilst we try to find a resolution to your issue.

Vincenzo Lauretta
    Participant

It’s working in games.

Anyway, apparently a user profile have to be created (with calibration) on the Tobii software before the SDK starts working.
    I just found it out when looking for the collect diagnostic feature.

I didn’t create a user profile before, because in-game the tracker just works without profile (tested with Life is Strange Before the storm). It seems to be required for using Core SDK.

Thank you

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wormino, yes certainly a calibration is essential to ensure an accurate eye tracking experience. Glad to hear you managed to resolve your issue!

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch again should you require any further assistance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.