Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Sampling rate of Eye X when tracking monocularly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Julia Blair
    Participant

Hi,
    l am looking to record from one eye to increase the temporal frequency. When I collect data from only one eye in matlab, I’ve noticed that it still collects at 28Hz. I know the Eye X toolbox automatically splits the binocular data into Left eye and Right eye.
    In Guido and co’s paper, it states the max sampling rate is 55Hz, does this mean 28Hz per eye? I’m wondering if it is possible to record at 55Hz from one eye using the Eye X? And if so, how do I change the settings to achieve this?
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Julia

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jblair, the quoted figure of 55Hz is an averaged value for gaze data capture from the IR cameras whether for one or both eyes. There is no difference in this value whether or not monocular tracking is being used.

In any event, there is no setting within the Eyex (or indeed any other of Tobii Trackers) that would track exclusively one eye.

Please also bear in mind that the long term storage of Gaze Data using the Eyex or 4C Tracker is a breach of the Licence Agreement requires a special licence obtained from Tobii Pro.

More information regarding this can be found @ https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/210251205-Can-I-use-a-Tobii-Eye-Tracker-for-research-purposes-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.