Home Forums Legacy SDKs Screen Configuration (XConfig) in Gaze

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Johan Fogelström
    Participant

We need to be able to set the screen configuration (in earlier versions of Gaze SDK known as XConfig) from our application. We need to be able to handle multiple trackers and do not want to force our users to manually configure all trackers before deployment. We wish to allow them to simple plug it in and tell our control panel the screen measurements and it updating all connected trackers.

Using the old SDK, we could do this easily, but for some reason, this functionality has been removed in favor of the assumption that the EyeX engine is installed (hint: it might not be in all cases and you acknowledge this in your documentation).

We have considered if the Custom Command functionality could be used to do this, but need some hints in how to do this.

Awaiting your answer
    Johan Fogelström @ Bream IO

Anders
    Participant

Hi Johan,
    the Gaze SDK is still there for special use cases, and has recently been given an update to make it better aligned with the EyeX software. If you want your application to take the responsibility for the eye tracker setup, then you’d probably be better off using the Gaze SDK. Please see the REX setup page for more information about which SDK to use for what.

Johan Fogelström
    Participant

I might not have been clear enough. We are already using the Gaze SDK, since we found out about the limit of one tracker for the EyeX engine.

This might just be a misunderstanding.
    According to a recent blog post of yours (http://developer.tobii.com/new-gaze-sdk-packages-tools-run-tobii-rex-linux-android/), the Gaze API is no longer supposed to handle screen setup. Since I had yet to find this functionality in the new SDK, I was worried and started to search for it under the name it used to have, XConfig.

Since I found nothing, and came here for clarification on what to do, but after a closer inspection, I now found tobiigaze_set_display_area which might be what I was actually looking for.

Sorry for any misunderstandings from my part.

Anders
    Participant

Great! set_display_area should do the trick.

There is also a program in the Gaze SDK tools package which can be used to set the display area if you don’t want to write the code yourself. But it’s really just a thin wrapper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.