Home Forums Software Development SDK Distribution

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Samuel Engelman
    Participant

I’m working on a program using the SDK. The program works fine on the development machine including triggering ActivationFocusChanged events as well as Activated events. When I copy the program to another machine, the Activated events don’t fire. I get no errors. The ActivationFocusChanged events fire.

Is there anything else I need to distribute?

The following tobii dlls are included:
    Tobii.EyeX.Client
    Tobii.Interaction.Model
    Tobii.Interaction.Net

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, sorry to hear about your issues. If you could publicly share your code that would be very useful to diagnose the issue. Certainly, when running eye tracking applications on another system the Tobii Eye Tracking Core software also needs to be installed, so please ensure that is running.

In addition, it would be helpful to know the specifications of the two systems for comparison. Many thanks.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

The Core software is installed.

Before I post my whole project, I’ll try posting the relevant lines of code.

In my xaml file:

<Setter Property="tobii:Behaviors.IsTentativeFocusEnabled" Value="True"></Setter>
                    <Setter Property="tobii:Behaviors.IsActivatable" Value="True"></Setter>
                    <EventSetter Event="tobii:Behaviors.ActivationFocusChanged" Handler="Button_Action_HasActivationChanged" />
                    <EventSetter Event="tobii:Behaviors.Activated" Handler="Button_Action_Activated" />

In my code behind:

public void Button_Action_HasActivationChanged(object sender, ActivationFocusChangedRoutedEventArgs e)
    public void Button_Action_Activated(object sender, ActivationRoutedEventArgs e)

The first event is firing on the deployment machine but the second isn’t. On the dev machine, both in debug mode and not, both events are firing.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, on the second machine how is eye tracking performance in general? Ie does the general software (and games) work as intended? How about the supplied Core SDK Samples?

Certainly, from the little code you have provided there should be no difference assuming that the two systems are comparable in terms of operating system, IDE, etc..

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

Eye tracking is performing well.

I forgot to mention that the core software on the development machine is 2.10.20 and on the deployment machine it’s 2.11 (the latest).

I’ll try the samples.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

I tried it with the sample Interaction_Interactors_102. It worked well on the dev machine. On the deployment machine, the tentative focus works but not the activated.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, I was wondering what progress if any has there been on your issue since our last communication. Many thanks for the update.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

No progress. I’m out if ideas what to try. I don’t want to install my device tools since I won’t have them in the machines I will be distributing the application to.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, I realise that we never confirmed which model of eye tracker you are using.. is it in fact the EyeX?

There is a known issue in using the EyeX with the very latest version v2.11 of the Tobii Core Software.

We are actively working on resolving this issue for the next release so if this is indeed your hardware setup, we hope to have a solution for you soon. Thanks.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

I have the EyeTracker 4C.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

HI shmulyeng, I have been trying without success to replicate your issue.. I wonder if you install the older version of the Tobii Core software on the production machine is the issue resolved? This would indicate a rather serious issue but thus far I have been unable to reproduce.. thanks for any additional info.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.