Streaming & Recording with Tobii Ghost

Home Forums Community Projects Streaming & Recording with Tobii Ghost

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Monkeyman
    Participant

To minimize the size is helping for sure. Also the trail, its looking cool and all, but many viewers get distracted by the fading circle even if all controllers are at the minimum. What would solve both mentioned points is a simple circle without trail with adjustable size and thickness. If that is for some viewers still distracting the shape of the circle can be broken up. If you draw a circle and a big X over it, you delete the points where the X is overlapping the circle. I don’t expect to get a new tool, but especially for streaming purposes its important to lower the visibility of the circle to a certain point. Thanks for replying!

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

It’s very difficult to draw a circle without a trail. Gaze data has some jitter which requires filtering. So you will either have noticable latency or visible jitter.

There are some possibilities that this might not be a problem in near future so stay tuned.

Default settings (50 trail, 75% filtering) should be a good compromise.
    You can also try “inverse” mode with relatively big size, maximum trail and very transparent black color. In this case parts of the screen you are looking at will be slightly dimmed. But transitions will be so slow so that the user won’t really see it if he doesn’t want to.

I see the future of the project where user will be able to turn the overlay on and off on a client side or only see it during battle replays (in games like dota)/death cams (for example in counter-strike). But that will require source integration in games and/or streaming services.

Dkranc
    Participant

Is the gaze overlay color saved anywhere in registry or is there open source code available?
    I want the bubble to be able to change colors according to where the user is focused

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Configuration tool uses shared memory data structure to communicate with the overlay (color, size, shape etc). Source is not available yet, but if you tell more about your application then I will try to help you.

struct gazetrail_settings_t
    {
    	bool offscreen;
    	float r;
    	float g;
    	float b;
    	float a;
    	int shape;
    	float size;
    	float trail;
    	float filtering;
    };

Shared memory file name is “TobiiGazeNativeSettings”.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd267561(v=vs.110).aspx

Dkranc
    Participant

Depending where the user is looking the gaze overlay should change colors.
    I’m developing in vb.net
    Where does the “TobiiGazeNativeSettings” file exist?
    I tried
    Dim memoryfile As MemoryMappedFile = MemoryMappedFile.OpenExisting("TobiiGazeNativeSettings", MemoryMappedFileRights.FullControl)
    but it can’t find it

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

You should create it

private void Init()
    {
      _settings = new Settings(Color.FromArgb(200,236,0,136), false, Shape.SolidCircle, 0.07f, 0.5f, 0.75f);

_mmf = MemoryMappedFile.CreateOrOpen(MemoryFileName, Marshal.SizeOf(typeof(Settings)), MemoryMappedFileAccess.ReadWrite);
      _accessor = _mmf.CreateViewAccessor(0, Marshal.SizeOf(typeof (Settings)));
    }
    private void MapMemory()
    {
      _accessor.Write(0, ref _settings);
    }
    private void Dispose()
    {
      _accessor.Dispose();
      _mmf.Dispose();
    }
    public enum Shape: int
    	{
    		SolidCircle = 0,
    		Bubble = 1,
    		Inverted = 2
    	}
    public struct Settings
    	{
    		public bool Offscreen;
    		public float R;
    		public float G;
    		public float B;
    		public float A;
    		public Shape Shape;
    		public float Size;
    		public float Trail;
    		public float Filtering;
    		public Settings(Color color, bool offscreen, Shape shape, float size, float trail, float filtering)
    		{
    			R = color.R / 255.0f;
    			G = color.G / 255.0f;
    			B = color.B / 255.0f;
    			A = color.A / 255.0f;
    			Offscreen = offscreen;
    			Shape = shape;
    			Size = size;
    			Trail = trail;
    			Filtering = filtering;
    		}

public void SetColor(Color color)
    		{
    			R = color.R / 255.0f;
    			G = color.G / 255.0f;
    			B = color.B / 255.0f;
    			A = color.A / 255.0f;
    		}
    		public Color GetColor()
    		{
    			return Color.FromArgb((byte) (A*255.0f), (byte) (R*255.0f), (byte) (G*255.0f), (byte) (B*255.0f));
    		}
    	}

Dkranc
    Participant

Thank you! This worked perfectly

Julie
    Participant

Hi! Is there a way to make the trail stop/stay throughout the whole stream? So you can see where you viewed the most overall?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

If you are talking about something like a heat map over 30 min then no, not with this tool.

Martin Pum
    Participant

Hi.

I tried to use this tool with Tachyon instead of OBS for streaming to beam.pro. Tachyon is basically the same as OBS. So I can configure it the same way as mentioned in the tutorial.

But unfortunately I am not seeing a trace on the stream. Has anyone tried using it with Tachyon?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

I will try to test it with Tachyon and locate the problem.

For now I would suggest using OBS Studio (aka OBS Multiplatform)

/Alex

wgrates
    Participant

If I temporarily turn off “enabled” and then try to re-enable it while OBS Studio 64 bit 16.2 is on, Gaze overlay has a fatal error and will not come back up. It also will not re-launch and work. Basically this means I’m not able to launch any windows or look at any windows in the background of my main monitor once my stream starts or I have to completely shut down the stream. Obviously not conducive to a long stream.

Do you have any suggestions or fixes for this issue?

wgrates
    Participant

Disregard. Aero theme in windows needed to be enabled. Found the issue in another forum post finally.

Thank you for this awesome product and extra software!

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Thank you!

Nice! Good that you problem is solved.

Joshua Newn
    Participant

Hello! I would like to use this on an incoming gaze stream over the network, is this possible? How are you coming along for the next release?

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.