Home Forums Legacy SDKs Tobii Analytics SDK timestamping bug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Bouchard
    Participant

I’ve been experimenting with the Linux C++ Analytics SDK for several months now. I recently switched to Windows to compare and validate my results against Tobii Studio. (Note: I use an X120.)

I need a precise synchronization between the displayed stimuli and the eyetracker measurements. On Linux SDK, SyncManager facility is doing the job really well. Although on Windows, I can’t find any GazeDataItem timestamp that corresponds to the time I extract from the SyncManager::localToRemote() function.

For example, on Windows, my first call to localToRemote() returns a value of -547449631 and the first valid GazeDataItem the eyetracker sends has a timestamp of 1397148004720600. Those two are hard to relate.

Looking carefully at the SDK’s header files, I’ve noticed that the localToRemote() function returns a signed integer(int64_t) while the GazeDataItem timestamp field is an unsigned integer (uint64_t). As the documentation clearly describes the localToRemote() function as a mean to convert system time to eyetracker time, I have a hard time to understand why the return value of this function is not of the same data type as the the GazeDataItem timestamps.

Is that a bug in the Analytics SDK?

Thank you,

Anders
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,
    thanks for your very clear description of the problem. I’ve forwarded your question to the people responsible for the Analytics SDK and I hope they will be able to look into it soon.

Jonathan Bouchard
    Participant

Hi Anders,

thank you for your response. Is there hope to get a fix for this problem any time soon?

I also asked for an Enterprise Linux compatible tetio.so library in the past and I did not had any follow-up (tetio.so for RedHat 6 / CentOS 6). No doubt that Ubuntu is a popular platform, although they tend to fiddle a bit with core libs, making it really hard to make Ubuntu compiled binaries to link properly on other distros. For tetio.so lib, some symbols of a dependency (libcurl.so) are versionned symbols on Ubuntu and not CentOS.

Regards,

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

To those interested: Fortunately, it was a false alarm.
    The definition of the “long” data type differs between Linux 64 and Windows

Client wrongly thought that the problem came from the unsigned VS signed
    integers that are in use by the GazeDataItem object and
    SyncManager::remoteToLocal function.

The bug can be considered closed

Rachel May
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using C#, I can’t find the SyncManager class, did I miss anything?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @rachel, please be aware this forum is intended for EyeX SDK support only.

Kindly forward any Analytics SDK issues to http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.