Home Forums Software Development Tobii.interaction namespace not found

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emiel Brink
    Participant

Hi, i recently decided to give the tobii tracker a shot. After following the instructions on your site for creating a C# console app using the Core SDK, i kind of hit a roadblock when the Tobii namespace couldn’t be found.

I tried with both version 1017 and 2019 of visual studio, and i see the Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll appearing when i install the Tobii.interaction package, but not matter what i do the Tobii namespace just doesnt seem to exist.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, maybe im working with the wrong SDK who knows. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, that sounds great. The first question for choice of SDK is what you want to create? There’s Unity, WFP and UWP SDKs available.

The UWP is actually built into Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2019 (no external downloads necessary), so just to get a feel for the eye tracker I would recommend https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/input/gaze-interactions that features some copy and paste code complete with a downloadable sample in the end of page.

For the specific error that you are hitting, I suspect a 32/64 bit mismatch in dlls and the binaries produced, you can try to change the bitness from 32 to 64 bit or vice versa. This is a bit of a problem sometimes with our native dlls.

Emiel Brink
    Participant

Hi Denny,

Sorry for the late reply, I solved this issue a little while ago and forgot about this thread. I’ll make a post here to document my findings.

After digging through a lot of old forum posts I eventually discovered one which had similar problems to mine. As it turns out, the error in question was caused by using .NET core. Once i switched to a .NET framework Console app things started working smoothly. This wasn’t very well documented in the online tutorials (in fact I am pretty sure there was no mention that the choice of framework was important), and with .NET Core becoming increasingly popular, I’d think it be a good idea to include a note about this in your tutorials. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aside from that I also ran into another issue with my main thread exiting before my GazePointDataStream could log any data, but this was easily fixed by adding a Console.readChar() statement. Once again I think it would be helpful to include this in the ConsoleApp example. ๐Ÿ™‚

Other than those 2 points things have been working very smoothly, and I’m happy to report I didn’t run into any other problems after this.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @emielvdbrink, thanks for letting us know and glad to hear you got everything up and running.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch again should you require any further information or assistance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.