- 03/04/2020 at 12:46 #14086Emiel BrinkParticipant
Hi, i recently decided to give the tobii tracker a shot. After following the instructions on your site for creating a C# console app using the Core SDK, i kind of hit a roadblock when the
Tobiinamespace couldn’t be found.
I tried with both version 1017 and 2019 of visual studio, and i see the
Tobii.EyeX.Client.dllappearing when i install the Tobii.interaction package, but not matter what i do the
Tobiinamespace just doesnt seem to exist.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, maybe im working with the wrong SDK who knows. 🙂04/04/2020 at 11:56 #14090Denny [Tobii]Participant
Hi, that sounds great. The first question for choice of SDK is what you want to create? There’s Unity, WFP and UWP SDKs available.
The UWP is actually built into Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2019 (no external downloads necessary), so just to get a feel for the eye tracker I would recommend https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/input/gaze-interactions that features some copy and paste code complete with a downloadable sample in the end of page.
For the specific error that you are hitting, I suspect a 32/64 bit mismatch in dlls and the binaries produced, you can try to change the bitness from 32 to 64 bit or vice versa. This is a bit of a problem sometimes with our native dlls.09/04/2020 at 16:56 #14114Emiel BrinkParticipant
Sorry for the late reply, I solved this issue a little while ago and forgot about this thread. I’ll make a post here to document my findings.
After digging through a lot of old forum posts I eventually discovered one which had similar problems to mine. As it turns out, the error in question was caused by using
.NET core. Once i switched to a
.NET frameworkConsole app things started working smoothly. This wasn’t very well documented in the online tutorials (in fact I am pretty sure there was no mention that the choice of framework was important), and with .NET Core becoming increasingly popular, I’d think it be a good idea to include a note about this in your tutorials. 😉
Aside from that I also ran into another issue with my main thread exiting before my
GazePointDataStreamcould log any data, but this was easily fixed by adding a
Console.readChar()statement. Once again I think it would be helpful to include this in the ConsoleApp example. 🙂
Other than those 2 points things have been working very smoothly, and I’m happy to report I didn’t run into any other problems after this.10/04/2020 at 13:27 #14121
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.