Home Forums XR Discussions Tobii XR SDK and Sranipal SDK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Henry
    Participant

Hello,

My project requires accessing some of the left and right eye data accessible by the Steam Sranipal SDK in addition to the capabilities of the Tobii XR SDK. This works when I just have the SRanipal Eye Framework in my Unity project and not the TobiiXR Initializer. However, when I load the initializer, I only get 0s for my left and right eye data (validity is also set to false). Is there a way to access this data while also using the Tobii XR SDK?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @henryrh, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This may be a potential software issue within the XR SDK. Please allow us to investigate and get back to you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @henryrh, could you kindly clarify in as much detail as possible the steps you take to take to get to the stage you described.

In principle, it should be possible to continue to access the SRanipal data stream, so if you can help us reproduce your issue, that would be a big help.

Mattia
    Participant

I have the same problem. I’m working in mixed reality with HTC Vive Pro Eye. I creare gaze contingnet interaction usign TobiiXR Gaze Visualizer, but at the same time I want to acquire data from both eye usign SRanipal. Basically, the simulations goes with TobiiXR and I want use SRaniapl only to acuire data. But If TobiiXR Inizializer is in the scene, i cannot acquire data from SRanipal_framework.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mattbarb, thanks for your patience whilst we tried to look into this issue. There should be no reason that initialising the Tobii XR SDK would interfere with the Sranipal Stream…perhaps you could kindly outline in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking the produce this issue?

Also, it may be of interest to you to check out Tobii Ocumen, our premium eye-tracking solution that delivers a series of signals, tools and developer components that extend the usefulness of eye tracking for advanced applications via the XR SDK including left & right eye data.

You can read more about this @ https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/solutions/tobii-ocumen/

moussa abushattal
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have the same problem when I am dealing with Tobii SDK and SRanipal SDK where unity freeze when I hit play button after I attached them to the scene. any suggestions?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mousa, I have spoken with the developers and I’m afraid that there is a known issue where SRanipal SDK & Tobii XR SDK cannot coexist on the same scene to produce data simultaneously , so you will need to choose which is the best one for your needs. Apologies for any inconvenience and best wishes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.