Home › Forums › Eye Tracking Devices › Tobii4c is working well on a 43 inches television
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by Grant [Tobii].
- 24/05/2021 at 23:38 #20441Marco De NardiParticipant
Is this normal?
I was using it before on a 27 inches screen so i could tell if the performances were poor – they are not. On the big 43 inches 4k television i am using as screen at the moment i rate the performances 8-9 on 10, as comparison. It’s just missing the very corners when testing the configuration, it’s not noticeable to me in game even trying.
To do so i am following these steps:
– I am setting the screen to the custom resolution of 3840 x 1600. The app tells me this is an unsupported resolution and asks me if i have black bars. As i have black bars on the upper and lower ends of the screen i say yes. When i test the configuration, it does work flawlessly over an area which is already way bigger than having a diagonal of 27 inches.
– I set the 2560 x 1440 resolution in game. The original native resolution 3840 x 2160 does not work as good as 2560 x 1440, i think it becomes kind of “slippery” and inaccurate. But that’s ok to me because i using a laptop with a NVidia 2070 non max-q
– I have been testing the game with Soma and especially with Far Cry 5, which makes one of the most advanced uses of the Tobii device imho, and it just does work once you calibrate the sensitivity etc. in game just like the 27 inches screen. I don’t even have to sit close to the screen, i can play in a comfortable way.
I am also using Asus Rog Terminal Halo (which also does work very well up to that resolution and no more) so you get the idea of the setup… I found it to be extremely immersive, very similar to VR in the way it does draw you in the game, separating the aiming from the sight.25/05/2021 at 13:36 #20445Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Cool! Thanks for sharing the information and details of setup Marco, glad to hear the setup is working well for you in these extreme circumstances. Our specifications for maximum official screen size are based on the minimum size at which we can guarantee optimal accuracy with our Trackers, however it is good to hear they are still usable on these larger screens as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.