Home Forums Unreal Engine 4 SDK tobii_g2om.dll error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

When I try to start editor from VS2017, error occuring:
    “Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB2072D083 (tobii_g2om.dll) in UE4Editor.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.”

Leandro
    Participant

Hello Alexander,

Which version of unreal are you using?
    Did you try to start the project from the .uproject file?
    Did you got the plugin inside the Plugin folder on your Project directory?
    First time running the project with tobii, or did you get to make it work before?

Any other detail that you can think of would be helpfull to see if i can help you,

Leandro

Alexander
    Participant

Hello Leandro,
    First,
    a) I made new UE 4.21.2 c++ project in UE Launcher.
    b) Add Plugins\TobiiEyetracking folders and unpack Tobii_UE4SDK_4.21.0.151.zip into that folder
    c) regenerate UE project files
    d) compile solution as develper editor
    e) run from VS – got an error
    f) run from .uproject – got an UE crash
    Second,
    a) I made new UE 4.21.2 BP project in UE Launcher.
    b) Add Plugins\TobiiEyetracking folders and unpack Tobii_UE4SDK_4.21.0.151.zip into that folder
    c) run from .uproject – got an UE crash

I use Vive pro eye

Alexander
    Participant

I don’t see a possibility to attach picture, therefore I try to post link for screenshot from VS with aforementioned error: “https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EoUbyPKOnMBElfPA-L5glV86HislOQg_/view?usp=sharing”.
    This shot was captured on DebugGameEditor configuration run.
    Additionally, before I try to use Tobii UE4 plugin, I’d install a core software from Tobii_Eye_Tracking_Core_v2.16.4.67_x86.

Mikhail
    Participant

I have the same problem. Could you help me?

Temaran
    Participant

Hello there guys!

I’m the principal developer on the UE4 SDK.
    I tried to repro this, but I don’t seem to be able to. Would you be willing to give me some more info on how I can suss this problem out?
    The best way to get a hold of me would be to contact me on our discord https://discord.gg/QMnscrj

I’m “Temaran” on there.

Thanks!

Temaran
    Participant

Hello!

An update on this issue. It right now seems like the g2om binary requires the CPU to support AVX2 which caused the crash in this case.
    I’m going to see if I can get a new version that addresses this up in the near future, but I cannot unfortunately promise anything.

For now, if you reading this are encountering this issue, please contact me on discord and I can attempt to help you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.