- 06/01/2020 at 09:50 #13757DelvigneParticipant
I recently created a little game in Unity (version 2019.2.10f1) with the integration of the Tobii SDK (v22.214.171.124). The game is composed by a “menu” scenes in Unity and it loads specific scenes in the function of the choice made. It is also possible to come back to the menu scenes if we press esc.
The issue is that if I decide to come back to the menu scene after loading another the tobiiXR is in random case not working anymore. I have two types of troubles:
– It is impossible to detect the gaze direction (eyeTrackingData.GazeRay.IsValid is always false)…
– The gaze direction is reverse (when we look to the right, it indicates the left and respectively.
I don’t have any keys to detect what is the origin of these troubles… Anyone else has met these issues?
thank you in advance for your help,
Delvigne Victor07/01/2020 at 18:25 #13801Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @vdev, thanks for getting touch and sorry to hear about your issues. With regard to your questions:
— It is impossible to detect the gaze direction (eyeTrackingData.GazeRay.IsValid is always false
Do you get any errors printed in the console? If not, try calling TobiiXR.Stop()when the first scene is unloaded and make sure the new scene calls TobiiXR.Start() and see if that makes a difference.
–- The gaze direction is reverse (when we look to the right, it indicates the left and respectively.
This issue sounds like it could be related to the tracking space of the eye tracking data. Have a look at https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/documentation/api-reference/#tobiixr-geteyetrackingdata-tobiixr-trackingspace to read more about local vs world space data and see if switching between them fixes the issue.
Please go through these and let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.08/01/2020 at 16:36 #13803DelvigneParticipant
First thanks for your answer.
– I check first the first point, and it didn’t change anything with your solution. Then I checked more deeply in the scene view by showing the “ray cast” from the eyes.
– Finally, I constat that my player was rotated, it was caused by the fact that unity was keeping the same Steam_Player_VR than in the previous scene.
So the problem was caused by the Steam VR (and not Tobii Initializer), and it is now solved. Thanks!
Victor09/01/2020 at 17:54 #13811Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
aaah, great! Glad you managed to get the issue sorted and thanks for reporting back.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch again should you have any further questions or problems. Best Wishes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.