Home Forums Software Development txGetSnapshotResultCode could not be located in the dynamic link library

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Lo
    Participant

Hi all, I just received the EyeX and was trying to use it with some programs that other may have already developed to see how eye interaction may work for me. My attempt to use what Gigertron has previously programed (https://github.com/gigertron/EyeTracker/blob/master/MinimalGazeDataStream.cpp) however ended up with an error message of txGetSnapshotResultCode could not be located at the Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll. I did a quick check on the documentation with the SDK and it appears that the entry txGetSnapshotResultCode is still valid and available. I haven’t manage to spend much time looking into the code at the moment due to work but I’m just wondering if anyone had similar issues. I am pretty sure that is a just a minor config / setting that I have mis-configured but just couldn’t figure what it is. Any thoughts from anyone?

PS: I am running EyeX for Windows 0.8.14 and have tried the code with the x86 dlls from the 0.21 C++ SDK as well as those from the 0.21 C# SDK.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Dennis,

Great that you have found some existing code to play with. And kudos to @gigertron for sharing your code with the community. However, the code on GitHub was written for the EyeX Engine developer preview 0.8.3 which is not supported anymore.

In EyeX Engine 0.8.14 the API related to callbacks has been changed to be aligned for all kinds of callbacks. To commit a snapshot, use txCommitSnapshotAsync. To get a result code, use txGetAsyncDataResultCode. Please check out the MinimalGazeDataStream.c file in the EyeX SDK C++ sample and update Gigertron’s code accordingly. Bonus points if you fork and push on GitHub 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.