[Solved] Undefined reference to ‘txFormatObject…’ and ‘txInitializeEyeX’

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Undefined reference to ‘txFormatObject…’ and ‘txInitializeEyeX’

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Gijs.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gijs
    Participant

Hej,

I’m new to the Eye Tracker, but need to build a prototype with it. I’m not completely new to C++, but it’s been a while, so I’m a bit rusty.

I tried to follow the Walkthrough on setting up C++ project, using Dev C++, but I run into errors, stating ‘Undefined reference to ‘txFormatObjectAsText’ and to ‘txInitializeEyeX’.

I did put the dll in the output directory and linked the lib and include directories in the compiler.

My code is as simple as:

#include <eyex\EyeX.h>
    #pragma comment (lib, “Tobii.EyeX.Client.lib”)

int main()
    {

if (TX_RESULT_OK != txInitializeEyeX(TX_EYEXCOMPONENTOVERRIDEFLAG_NONE, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL))
    {
    return -1;
    }

}

What am I doing wrong here?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mailbuke, apologies for the delay in response. It seems indeed that the issue was an incorrect path ultimately?

Can you kindly let me know if you are still experiencing issues on this setup?

Gijs
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, the issue has been solved, but only after I moved the project from DevC++ to Visual Studio. Seems the dll doesn’t work correctly in DevC++.

Grts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.