Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Visual angles measurement

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rasa Bhattarai
    Participant

Hello Tobii team,

I also want to know how to do this. If I have an initial position of (200, 150) given by my Tobii Eye X as (x,y) co-ordinates of the screen, then at what place should my next (x,y)co-ordinate be so that i can calculate the visual angle to be 2, 3 or 1.5 degrees.

Would you please explain ? Also, may I know the formula how to achieve this? I looked around in many sites but I am still confused in calculating the visual angle.

Thank you very much

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Tobii Unity SDK doesn’t provide such information. Could you please elaborate? What do you need it for?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi rasa, you should also consider that there will not be just one new position dependent on the angle difference.

For example, suppose you have the starting position @ (200,200) and you wish to move 2 Degrees. There would therefore be a *circle* of points around which 2 degrees would be possible, thus making your original request much more complicated.

In any event, If you could kindly clarify your intentions perhaps we can find a simpler solution for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.