[Solved] Windows 10 and EyeX 2.0.2 and Windows Hello

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Windows 10 and EyeX 2.0.2 and Windows Hello

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edward Ryklin
    Participant

I started the day by trying to get Windows Hello working.

I realized that I needed to update my Windows 10 to the latest version, but afterwards EyeX stopped working. I needed to uninstall my EyeX 2.0.2 and reinstall it to get it working again.

Then EyeX told me that the Windows Hello update is available for download. I said go ahead and download it, at which point that process hung. There’s no way to restart the download, and there’s no direct link on the tobii website. So, still no Windows Hello =<

Hi Edward,

Sorry to hear that it did not work on the first try.

When you say there’s no way to restart the download, did you try to force check for updates (settings->about->check for updates)? If you don’t get any updates, then our provider for Windows Hello has been installed successfully (you can check in add/remove programs, there should be a entry for Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello).

Let me know how it goes and I’ll help you with troubleshooting if need be.

Denny

Edward Ryklin
    Participant

Everything seems to be working properly now… It sorted itself out after a few restarts and re-installs. Works very well in fact. Thanks for replying!

Edward Ryklin
    Participant

Just wanted to add that it takes me less time to type in a 4 pin code than use Windows Hello. First it takes a while for the eyex to initialize, and then some more time to detect my face. It’s easier to type a code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.