[Solved] Windows Lock not working

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Windows Lock not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Liam Jones
    Participant

I’ve installed my eyex device, and for the most part have been very happy with it’s functionality. I’m very much looking forward to integrating this into my projects in the future.

However, I have noticed that the “Lock Windows” Presence functionality does not seem to be working. Is there an additional setting that I’m not seeing that is required to trigger this? The Dim screen functionality does work (although only dims my primary monitor)

Davel
    Participant

There’s a Tobii update needed, and you need to be on the latest version of Win10 (version 1511, build 10586 for me) which includes the big ‘November Update’ from last year.

Take a look at the steps on this page – http://www.tobii.com/xperience/support/tutorials/setup-tobii-eyex-and-windows-hello/

Liam Jones
    Participant

Windows hello works fine. I’ve had the November update, and my tobii software is:

Version numbers

When I click the check for updates buttons it says there are none.

Davel
    Participant

Ah, OK.

The only other thing I noticed after getting Windows Hello to work is that it took a restart of my PC before a change to the Windows Lock setting actually took effect

Liam Jones
    Participant

Seems to spontaneously started working. I had restarted several times, but for some reason, I started a game up and that kicked it into gear. Weird.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Liam, seems the latest version of the EyeX software was the final resolution

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.