Home Forums Software Development Sync Tobii EyeX with a separate monitor Reply To: Sync Tobii EyeX with a separate monitor

Grant [Tobii]
Keymaster

Hi @hazard404 and thanks for your query. I am afraid that no such solution is provided for the EyeX out of the box although I don’t think it’s necessary that the EyeX itself support more than one computer.

My advice would be to consider a custom SDK application (you could try with the Core SDK) which would record gaze information as normal whilst sending this gaze data to another client application running on a local network to the second computer.

However, the need to stream via MATLAB introduces a further complication in that the only MATLAB bindings which will work with the EyeX are part of the Tobii Pro SDK which is a paid product for which you would need to obtain a unlock licence to use. If you are interested, please send a speculative email to [email protected] for a quote.

I don’t know if this is any use for your project, but have you look at Tobii Ghost? This at least streams gaze data directly but without any possibility of data analysis.

Please bear in mind that even if you are not *storing* data but analysing it, this still requires the purchase of the analytical licence. If you would care to elaborate further on your project, we would be happy to discuss possible solutions.