Home Forums Software Development Another REX connection problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi folks,

I couldn’t find a thread with the exact same problems, so sorry if I missed something…

Here goes. I’m using a REX tracker on a computer with a single USB 3.0 port. Just upgraded to 2.0.4.1 Renesa NEC drivers but still having the same problems.

After the tracker goes active after connecting, it simply disconnects and reconnects every 5 seconds – the “Eye tracker connected” message also pops up each time. This obviously interrupts the tracking. Strangely enough, this didn’t happen before upgrading to the two recent EyeX 0.10 releases, regardless of USB 2.0 or 3.0 connection. What’s more strange, if I run a calibration sequence, the tracker stays connected during the entire thing, but then starts having the same issues after it’s been calibrated. Same problems during the tutorial run.

Any experience with this problem yet? =)
    Many thanks in advance.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for sharing information about your problem. You need to update your REX firmware (USB-HID) to the latest one available on the download page. EyeX 0.10 requires at least REX firmware 1.2.1

Thomas
    Participant

Ah, well, now I feel silly. Forgot all about the firmware update.

That did the trick. Thanks a whole bunch, Robert! =)

Mohamed Khamis
    Participant

Hi

I had the same problem, my REX eye tracker kept disconnecting and I kept seeing the “Eyeb tracker connected” message.

Although EyeX did not install any upgrades when I clicked the “Upgrade firmware” button, the firmware version was indeed older than 1.2.1. So I downloaded the latest one from the link you provided and started installing it till it disconnected midway.. Now it’s not being detected at all.. Any suggestions for solving this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.