Home Forums Software Development Core SDK: Tobii.Interaction is installed, but cannot be used in the code

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Roman
    Participant

Hi guys! I’m just trying to follow the Core SDK Getting Started tutorial. I’ve got:
    – Visual Studio Community 2019
    – Tobii Eye Tracker 5 (software, drivers, all installed and works well)
    – Tobii.Interaction 0.7.3 installed in the project with NuGet

It says that it has installed Tobii.Interaction successfully, but the only new thing in my project I see from that is Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll.
    The tutorial says there must be Tobii.Interaction.Model.dll and Tobii.Interaction.Net.dll, but I don’t see them.

And when I try to do:
    using Tobii.Interaction;
    I get an error:
    The type or namespace name 'Tobii' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Reinstalling Tobii.Interaction in NuGet does not help.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I use Tobii Interactions somehow differently? I’m puzzled. Hoping for your help!

Roman
    Participant

Sorry, I created a .NET Core project instead of a .NET Framework project. The issue is solved now.

PS: the tutorial console app still doesn’t work as it is, but I guess that’s for another topic. Will try to figure it out on my own first.

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

Does Core SDK support Tobii ET5? I’m curious.
    BTW stream engine library works fine with C#.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @dragonus, the Core SDK is now deprecated since 2017 so we cannot offer any official compatibility with the Eye Tracker 5. We now recommend using either the Interaction Library API or Stream Engine API.

Do let us know if you have any further questions. Best Wishes.

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

Yeah, I am not using Core SDK any more after you told me it’s deprecated.

Nabru
    Participant

I’m also curious to know if the Tobii 5 works with the Core SDK even though is not officially supported. Has anyone tried it?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @nabru, just to let you know that I have performed some testing with the Core SDK and the ET5 and it does seem to work as expected but please bear in mind that the combination is untested so we officially still recommend you migrate to the newer and supported Interaction Library API or Stream Engine API if possible. Best Wishes.

Nabru
    Participant

Thanks! We bought the Tobii 5 and test it with the Core SDK. Everything works except the quick calibration. Did that work for you?

We tried by clicking the Tobii.Configuration.exe file.

And also from command prompt:
    “c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii Configuration\Tobii.Configuration.exe” –quick-calibration

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @nabru. sorry for the inconvenience.. we have updated the syntax. Correct usage is now:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii Configuration\Tobii.Configuration.exe" -Q

Please let us know if you have any further queries. Best Wishes.

Meghana
    Participant

Hi , I am unable to search for package tobii.interactionLib package from nuget.org in visual studio. Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @meghanapuppala, the Interaction Library is no longer available on Nuget, so please download the packages directly from Tobii’s own website @ https://developer.tobii.com/product-integration/interaction-library/getting-started/

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding. Best Wishes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.