Home Forums Software Development Eye based click and eye stain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Albin Stenström
    Participant

Hi!

I am doing some research regarding clicks without using the keyboard (machine learning). It is stated on your webpage that doing explicit things with the eyes to achieve tasks causes stain on the eyes. Do you have any sources for this? It is not that i doubt that you are right, i just want to get access to more in this area.

Thank you!
    Albin S

Albin Stenström
    Participant

I would also like to know if the fixation filter for EyeX is the same as the one described in the White Paper for fixations in Tobii Studio if that is possible.

Anders
    Participant

Hi Albin,
    I don’t have any references to scientific papers or such to share, but I can speak from my own experience: monomodal gaze interaction used for e.g. controlling the mouse pointer leads to unnatural eye movements and eye strain. It gets better with time: I don’t know if it’s because the eye muscles adapt, or because you get more used to it and relaxed after a while — ironically the gaze interaction works better the less you think about it — or both. Probably both.

For your second question: no, it’s not the same filter. The IV-T algorithm described in the white paper is for post-hoc analysis and makes use of both past and future data points. The EyeX Engine uses a real-time algorithm based only on the current and the past.

Albin Stenström
    Participant

Thank you!

Albin Stenström
    Participant

Would it be possible to tell me the type of the algorithm that are used?
    I do not need any specifics on the implementation, but general type of fixation algorithm would be nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.