Home Forums Software Development EyeX Connection Drops Out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mark Castle
    Participant

When running the EyeX games and demos (Eye Asteroids, Son of Nor, Tobii Showcase) the red lights will go off for a couple of seconds, flash a couple of times, and then come back on. Windows will make the typical device disconnected sound, and the game will pause. This happens every ten seconds or so, and, as far as I can tell, doesn’t occur when running any of the C SDK code samples.

Hi there,
    does a calibration work fine?
    Could you maybe check if this happens when touching the cable on the eye tracker? If this is the case, disconnect the cable and connect it again.

Cheers,
    Konstantin

Mark Castle
    Participant

Yes, the calibration works fine. I tested a couple of things, such as the physical connection, and it seems like it has something to do with not having enough system resources. It’s working fine after allocating more resources to the virtual machine.

Mattias [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Nice to hear that you managed to solve the issue. Should it resurface, or if you nevertheless have the time to help us with more insight to the problme you faced, then keep on reading.

Today we released EyeX engine 1.1.0

http://developer.tobii.com/eyex-1-1-0-and-eyex-sdk-1-2/

The EyeX Engine 1.1.0, amongst others, includes improved logging information, and with this you could help us to understand and solve the problem you face better.

Please access the “diagnostics tool” under the “About” tag in the EyeX settings panel. The tool will create a zip file with logging and system info that you can provide in communication with our support team. In particular of you run the tool after one of these disconnect events.

http://www.tobii.com/eyex-support

Looking forward to see if we can understand what this resource issue was about.

Cheers,
    Mattias

Mark Castle
    Participant

Screenshot of Update Failing

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Mark,

The new release is available on the Downloads page. It will be made available on the auto-update server later this week.

Bradley Verhelle
    Participant

Hey, please help. I’m having this problem to and i don’t know how to allocate more memory to the virtual machine. Whenever I use it, the connection seems to suddenly drop after 10 seconds to 2 minutes of using it. I’ve tried multiple things including unplugging it and trying multiple usb3 ports but nothing seems to work. PLEASE HELP ME

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Bradley @mrbrad336, I am afraid that running the Tobii EyeX software in a virtual machine is untested and unsupported so I must recommend you run the software natively in Windows to properly determine if there is an issue present or not.

Bradley Verhelle
    Participant

Yes, I have run this natively in windows and it doesn’t work either. I have two different USB 3.0 ports and neither of them work. The first one works for about 10 seconds – 1 minute before turning off as it it wasn’t plugged in, and the 2nd one flashes the red dots when I plug it in for a split second, then just turns off as if it wasn’t plugged in. What can I do to fix this? Thanks

Emelie [Tobii]
    Participant

What USB 3.0 controller do you have? Has it worked before with this controller? It sounds like a power issue.

The EyeX is very power hungry and continously needs a lot of power and if that gets interrupted, it disconnects.
    So a driver from no later than 2014 is recommended for it to work properly and worth mentioning is that there are known issues with the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller.

If your USB 3.0 controller driver is not ASMedia, runs a newer driver than from 2014, please send a short description of the problem (or just copy paste above) to [email protected] and please also attach your log files. You can collect log files by right clicking on the Tobii icon – Troubleshoot – Collect diagnostic data. 🙂

Cheerios!

Bradley Verhelle
    Participant

Alright, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a power issue, and since it probably it is, what is a cheap USB 3.0 (or higher I guess) port that has been tested?

Emelie [Tobii]
    Participant

These have been tested: https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/209529749-Recommended-USB-3-0-Controllers
    It’s been a while since we tested it and I’m sure there are better USB 3.0 controller out there by now as well.

I’m using the Sandberg USB 3.0 Boost PCI Express Card which works fine. 🙂
    Otherwise just make sure to look for a USB 3.0 controller that’s connected by PCI-E.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.