Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices EyeX Error (Visual Angle Deviation)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Travis
    Participant

Hi there,

I may have just missed a relevant post in my searching, but I cannot find a specification for the error of Tobii in terms of visual angle. I’ve read things like 0.5 degrees to 1 degree, but only from 3rd party sources, and not from Tobii itself.

Again, if I’ve missed something, please let me know where to find this information, otherwise, what is the best way to estimate this value?

Relevant posts:
    EyeX technical specification (unanswered)
    Technical Specification (unanswered)
    EyeX controller accurary and precision test report

Regarding the last post, which was answered, it seems like Tobii actively discourages using the EyeX for purposes where “pixel perfect” accuracy is required. Maybe releasing error metrics under several different constraints (distances, etc.) would help consumers get a sense of whether the EyeX is accurate under their use-case.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @travs,

We do not have a public accuracy and precision report prepared for the Tobii EyeX tracker.

However, a number of groups have performed accuracy reports and published their findings, which should
    provide some of the data you are looking for.

Please check out this link below and let me know if you require further information:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/s13428-016-0762-9

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.