Home Forums Software Development Game Hub

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @xcellmiguel, sorry to hear about your issues. We have checked here in-house on the latest version of GameHub running v1.6.4 (latest on tobii gaming) and the list is populated as normal. No updates have been made on Tobii side, so we cannot reproduce the problem, unfortunately. Have you already tried updating to the latest version?

Miguel Moreno
    Participant

Hi,

I tried many things with support, but they have no solution, so I can’t use it anymore in Elite Dangerous.

What I tried :
    – latest version (1.6.4)
    – older version (1.6.3)
    – clean reinstall (uninstalled, deleted folders and registry entries)
    – several networks (ADSL, 4G, VPN, work VPN)
    – offline
    – no firewall

Nothing worked.

I tried on my work PC, at work, I don’t even have a Tobii device there, but the Game Hub works and the list gets populated.

So I don’t know what is going on, it was working well, and suddenly it did not at all…

Is there a way to force the game list ? Or to make an update to use a local list ?

I’d be glad to help with a debug version as the logs do not show errors.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @xcellmiguel, as you are already in contact with our Support team, I am afraid there is not much more I suggest from this end, especially as you have another working system. It seems like you tried the most obvious routes such as firewall, antivirus, etc.

Perhaps you could try using an uninstaller program (such as revo uninstaller) to ensure all the various components during GameHub installation are suitably removed?

Miguel Moreno
    Participant

Well, Support gave up, they can’t help and won’t try with a debug version to see what is wrong.

I tried with Revo Uninstaller and deleted all keys and files, reinstalled, and it’s still the same, empty game list…

I checked with Process Monitor and could see it still scans for Steam games by reading some appmanifest files, so it knows where and what to scan, but it just won’t show anything and not work at all in supported games that worked before.

So I’m stuck with no Tobii support in Elite Dangerous unless the devs decide to support it natively.

And as it was the only game where I used it (because FS 2020 does not support it either), I’m left with a useless Tobii device now.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hm, sorry to hear that.. It’s a bit of an extreme solution I know.. but do you think you could try rolling back to a previous windows update? Perhaps something was recently installed that is causing the error.

Miguel Moreno
    Participant

I have the same updates on the three PCs I tried it on, and only on my main PC it does not work.

Also, it’s a the most recent in term of Windows installation, it worked a few months ago, now it doesn’t.

What is weird is that it still knows which games to look for in my Steam libraries, it just won’t show any (even not installed ones). Too much games causing an issue in the Game Hub ?
    I don’t have any games nor Steam installed on the two other PCs (work and Surface Go).

Miguel Moreno
    Participant

I’ve finally found a solution : going back to Infinite Screen, before Game Hub existed.

It now works in Elite Dangerous, but seems a bit less smooth on the head tracking than Game Hub, but at least that good old software works flawlessly ๐Ÿ™‚

Will Game Hub receive an update someday ?

Miguel Moreno
    Participant

Can’t edit anymore, but I’ve found the issue : Steam appmanifest file pointing to a non existing folder.

So I tried updating to Game Hub 1.0, then at launch it gave me an error saying there was an illegal character in the path.
    I looked in the logs and it happened during Steam file scanning.

With Process Monitor I could identify which was the last appmanifest file read, it was about “Special K” a tool to inject 3D settings stuff in games.
    I deleted this file and tried again, now I got another error about a null value.

I then updated to Game Hub 1.6.4, and it worked !
    Now both lists populates (installed and compatible games).

So if you plan to update Game Hub, add checks upon launch to scan folders only if they are defined in the appmanifests files and only if they exist, to avoid this kind of error I was getting.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel, very happy to hear you managed to get it working, good detective work! I will pass along your findings to the development team. Happy Gaming ๐Ÿ˜€

Sonia Baker
    Participant

Huh, for real, it did work.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it Sonia! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.