Home Forums Software Development Headtracking on Tobii eye tracker 4C

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Lukas
    Participant

Hi,

I know this thread is a month old, but I stumbled across this exact error. We developed an application which uses the 4C headtracking feature. We have succesfully build and tested it on two different machines – lenovo g500s (64 bit) win 10 education build 16299.248 and on a microsoft surface running win 8.1 (i dont have that here right now). Both could use the 4C head tracking feature – all build with visual studio 2017.

However, i tried to develop the application further during vacation. I set everything up on a dell precision 7520, 64 bit win 10 education build 16299.248. I get gaze data and presence data like chou does – but i cant get any headtracking data. I am pretty sure that this problem is not due to some hardware problems regarding the Eyetracker, since it works on two other machines. Still, it gives me headaches because I cant get it to work.

I checked the USB controller drivers – they are the same for the lenovo and dell laptop.

Are there any fixes regarding this issue?

Regards,

Lukas

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mialu, certainly that is a rather mysterious problem. Could you kindly provide some more detail with respect the SDK version you are working on please? I will check around to see if others have faced similar issues…

Is there a chance for you to share the code ?

Lukas
    Participant

Hi Grant,

thanks for the fast response. We used two versions of the SDK, both worked great on the lenove and Surface – first Version we used was 1.1.1.1741 – we were using this one from the beginning and still do sometimes- a week ago we switched to the current SDK Version 2.0.2.2335 – we could successfully build 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the application on the previous mentioned systems – but not on the dell.

For the headtracking – we use the example given from the documentation page to register the headpose callbacks. Sharing the complete code would not give any new hints on the problem because we are testing the head pose callbacks with the example code from the documentation.

I noticed that the callback is executed, but the headpose position validity flag will never be non zero. Everything else works like a charm, except for that flag.

Kind regards,

Lukas

Lukas
    Participant

Even forcing the headpose update (without checking the flag) results in 0,0,0 output – regardless of the pose infront of the tracker.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Could you please collect the logs and send them to me in pm:
    https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/212097545-How-to-collect-log-files

Lukas
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I will do this ASAP and pm you the results. Unfortunately this has to wait till tomorrow.

Regards,

Lukas

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mialu and any other facing this issue. Indeed, there is an identified issue with the Tobii Interaction Software that may cause issues for some users in receiving head tracking information in the Core SDK.

Should you experience this issue, please get in touch with us either by PM or raising a support ticket and we can send a patched DLL to you until the fix is rolled out in a forthcoming release.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.