Home Forums Software Development InteractionLib, gaze detection is always slightly incorrect

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roman
    Participant

Hi! I’m facing this issue with both the InteractionLib WPF Sample App and my own app built with InteractionLib. Gaze detection seems to be incorrect.

Important: The Eye Tracker detects my gaze correctly! I have recorded a screencast to illustrate that. I have both Tobii Experience running and the Sample App at the same time. Tobii Experience displays a bubble that shows my actual gaze position, and it’s very correct. At the same time the application with Gaze Aware elements triggers their gaze events incorrectly, it seems like it’s got my gaze position shifted from its actual position. The WPF Sample App is straight from the documentation, unchanged, as it is. The symptoms are always same regardless of the window position and restarting the app or the whole machine.

Please see my screencast with a clear demonstration of the problem:

I’ve got:
    Windows 10 Home
    Tobii Eye Tracker 5
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community
    InteractionLib WPF SampleApp straight from the documentation

Any suggestions? Appreciate any help!

Hongbin Zou
    Participant

Dpi problem?

Roman
    Participant

@dragonus, thank you! First I didn’t know where to look for any DPI settings, but then I found that in my Windows display settings I had “scale and layout” set to 125% by default. I didn’t know that. I’ve set it to 100% and the gaze detection is now razor sharp! Cool

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks Roman for bringing this bug to our attention. Confirmed that for high DPI settings, there can be gaze offset within the Interation Library API.

Hopefully the workaround is suitable for you until we can patch this. Thanks for your patience.

Gishan
    Participant

I’m currently having the same issue with the latest version of the InteractionLib.

Is there a solution for this?
    I can’t simply change the DPI of my monitor as everything gets way too small.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @gishan, thanks for getting in touch. Can you confirm if this issue occurs when you build the code from scratch or are you running the binary directly? Could you also let us know if you are a corporate client or an individual? Please also let us know the version of SDK you are running.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.