- 10/11/2022 at 11:16 #22573
Hi Grant and team,
I am currently designing an experiment to understand people’s gaze patterns in a room-scale VR environment(e.g. a VR lift). While the core XR SDK provides a handy framework for record fixation-related metrics, I have the following questions:
– Is there a time threshold for focusable events? It seems as long as the gaze ray reaches an object of interest (no matter how short), the focusable status becomes true.
– Is there a way to record saccade data (saccade count, saccade amplitude) in VR from either the core API or Ocumen?
– Is there a way to get the focusable event angle? (I am unsure whether the eyeTrackingData.GazeRay.Direction from the core API can be interpreted as the focusable angle etc.)
Shu15/11/2022 at 13:27 #22600
Hi @swei1215, thanks for your query. Yes, Tobii Ocumen provides fixation filters (more info @ https://developer.tobii.com/xr/develop/ocumen/filter-documentation/) which include Saccade detection.
The time threshold using the G20M algorithm is not set but determined via the Machine learning algorithm of the G20M.
For information on pricing for Tobii Ocumen please fill out your contact details @ https://developer.tobii.com/xr/contact/18/11/2022 at 12:21 #22613
Thanks Grant – the information is very helpful! We’ve already reached out for the Tobii Ocumen offering info and looking to know more details.
Can you also help navigate me to the relevant API to calculate the viewing angle and gaze angle? Presume that’s also the offering from Ocumen?
Shu24/11/2022 at 12:51 #22639
I am also contacting to see whether you can help facilitate our enquiry (from [email protected]) about the Tobii Ocumen license? We would like to know more details to carry our project and license application forward. Thanks a lot!
Shu24/11/2022 at 15:00 #22647
Hi, I will get a sales representative to reach out to you directly. Thanks.24/11/2022 at 15:09 #22649
All good now Grant, I just got a contact back from the team about the Ocumen, thanks for your help still!
Shu01/12/2022 at 12:34 #22663
I’d like to follow up on your suggestions for extracting the saccade and gaze angle data.
I currently have access to the advanced API (Ocumen), but still not able to access the saccades and gaze angle data (there seems to be no documentation on it too). I wonder are these 2 sets of data available from the advanced API (e.g. is the ‘PositionGuide’ vector related to gaze angle)? and what is the suggested calculation/process to get the final metrics? Thanks!
Shu06/12/2022 at 14:46 #22680
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.