Home Forums Software Development Single Eye gaze point with EyeX

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Davide
    Participant

Hello,
    I have an application written for the Tobii REX that tracks left and right eye (both gaze points actually) independently. I don’t see how I can do it with the EyeX SDK. Is there any ways to detect x,y of the right gaze point and x,y of the left?
    If not, is there a way to integrate both SDK into one program – write most of the program leveraging EyeX SDK but that specific part using Gaze SDK?

Thanks
    -Davide

tom
    Participant

Just posting so I get notified of replies, to see if there is a solution. I’m very interested in this functionality.

Anders
    Participant

Hi Davide,
    the EyeX SDK doesn’t provide data streams for the gaze points of the individual eyes even though the REX does track each eye individually. It would be possible to combine both SDKs as a workaround, yes, but it’s not something I would recommend for the long term.

Can you please describe your use case a bit? I’m going to add this as a feature request, and it will get more punch with a real-world use case backing it.

Davide
    Participant

Hi Anders,
    Thanks for your reply. What I was doing with the REX and the Gaze SDK was to determine the eyes vergence through the distance between the 2 gaze points. In this way I was able to determine if the user was focusing on the screen or through the screen.

I’d really like to find a way to do the same (vergence detection) with the EyeX and the EyeX SDK without falling back to the Gaze SDK. Do you think that would be possible?
    Thanks
    -davide

Anders
    Participant

Hi Davide,
    I have recorded this as a feature request for an upcoming engine release. I’m pretty sure it was already on the list, but this should give it more weight.

And for the follow-up question — about when it will be available — the answer is (unfortunately) that I don’t know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.