Home Forums Software Development Tobii 4C Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

Hello,

I am an owner of the Tobii 4C and I have installed the various software updates etc. available from Tobii. Is there anything the current 2.10 installed user base of the Tobii 4C pre-Windows 10 Fall Creators Update should do or know before installing the new Windows update that was released in October 17, 2017?

In other words is the Fall Windows 10 creators update a seamless update with the currently installed Tobii 4C eye tracking software? How are the new Windows 10 features incorporated? What should we expect?

Thanks, jzlako

Carl Hilinski
    Participant

I installed the Creators update last night, but did not have a lot of time to test it out. The 4c worked after the update and I did not have to reinstall anything related to it. I did not have time to look at the Windows Accessibility features. I only ran the Tobii config and a game to determine it was working correctly.

However, I do have another issue that existed before the Creators update that I had hoped would be solved by that update. When I installed the Tobii software last weekend, the monitors refused to sleep/shutdown and I’ve had to power them off manually at night. The Creators update did not get that working again, so I need to do more research.

Nic Zuraw
    Participant

No issues following the update either. All calibration is fine, usage in Dying Light, Arma3 and Elite all good

Loren
    Participant

After installing creators update today, my 4c no longer works with windows hello. It was working fine prior to the update. Afterwards, every time I boot up it gives me a runtime error. I tried a fresh install of windows off of a USB drive with the creators update already loaded and now when I try to turn on windows hello, it says it’s unable to start the camera. Game functions work fine, it’s just windows hello that crapped out. Also, I checked the privacy settings on the camera and they are fine.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @klpippin, sorry to hear about your issues. We are trying to reproduce the issue here in house and will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @klpippin, we have been able to reproduce the issue and have now logged the incidence for
    developer review.

Please check back at developer.tobii.com for future software updates.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi all, Just an update on the issue with Windows Hello and Fall Creators Update.

The problem has been identified as due to an general issue within Windows , not related to the Tobii software.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro4-surfsec/windows-hello-not-working-after-fall-creators/641620b1-1d39-4623-835e-45d618982c4f?auth=1

Accordingly, we are awaiting resolution from Microsoft. Hopefully this should get sorted out soon.

Carl Hilinski
    Participant

I had Hello working fine. Then I bought an SSD and installed fresh W10 to it and did the Fall Creators Update. After that I got the error. I uninstalled all of the Tobii software and reinstalled it and Hello started working again. So perhaps someone else could try an uninstall/reinstall of the Tobii software. I uninstalled ALL of the Tobii software, including the streaming and game hub stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.