- 02/07/2018 at 16:14 #8533NicoParticipant
here my configuration :
– Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
– Intel Core i7
– Motherboard Gigabyte Z97-HD3
I use 2 Tobii 4C because I need to track gaze on more space then one display.
I have installed the latest Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software v2.13.3.
To be more safe with power provided in general by usb port on PC, I put one tobii on one usb port (witch is usb-2 or usb-3).
For my test I use this C++ code found here :
–> and it works well when all is fine.
Abstact of the problem :
I notice that sometimes the service Tobii (Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software) doesn’t found the 2 Tobiis, however with a application like game_loop_sample_windows.c found in the links above, it can.
But sometime even if the same application can initialyze the Tobiis, the gaze stay in invalid state.
Sometimes, after a reboot or when I simply start the computer, I have some issues and random behavior :
– 1) the Tobii service says there is “no Tobii connected” or “contact the assistance” . Then it happens that I still can initialize the 2 Tobii with the application above and detect the gaze to track it. And sometimes, always in that case, even if I can initialyze the 2 Tobii, they stay in a invalid state.
– 2) it happen that the Tobii service is still checking for one tobii and doesn’t found it, while there are connected : I can see it with the “usbview” freeware (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) for example or in the Windows Device Manager.
I would like to correct this issue, in all cases, without unplug the Tobiis or restart the computer. To do so I try to re-start the Tobii service with the Windows Manager Services, and nothing change, it stay in the same state.
How can I do to stabilize the behavior of the Tobii : improve their detection?
Thanks for your advise and your help.03/07/2018 at 15:11 #8537Grant [Tobii]Keymaster
Hi @nilo, whilst the Tobii Core Software does recognise multiple trackers connected, I am afraid only one will be active at any one time.
Since our trackers are based on infrared light, having two trackers running simultaneously would interfere with each other and cause trackability problems.
Unfortunately, there is no interface for choosing one tracker or the other, but the rule is that:
-External trackers are selected before built-in ones
-The latest connected tracker is selected
-On boot the last used tracker is selected
Accordingly the use of multiple trackers is not an officially supported platform. I therefore wonder if your connection issues persist when only one tracker is connected? That would seem the most appropriate point to start investigating. Please let us know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.