Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Tobii Eye Tracker 5] Off-center tracking for 30″ 21:9 curved monitor

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex C
    Participant

I’ve been using the Tobii Eye Tracker 5 for a flat screen 23″ monitor without any issues. Recently, however, I purchased a Spectre C30, which is a curved 27″ 21:9 monitor. I’ve noticed that the head and eye tracking is now off center. The eye tracker is up and to the left of where I am actually looking. The head tracker thinks I’m looking in a similar direction. On top of that, the tracker appears to veer off of the screen at only the top left and right corners.

Is there any fix for this?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @alexzc, sorry to hear about your issues. How have you mounted that tracker? Perhaps you could send us photos? You may have noticed that we have included with Eye Tracker 5 a special adapter for the mounting bracket that should help with curved screens.

I assume you already reran the recalibration routine and the ‘improve calibration’ tool within the Tobii Interaction Software?

Alex C
    Participant

Hey Grant. Sorry for the late response.

I did indeed use the curved monitor mount and was never able to really solve the issue. However, I ended up returning the monitor for unrelated reasons. I’ve got a different one coming in today, so hopefully the issue does not persist.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

OK thanks for the update Alex, please do let us know how you get on with this new laptop. Best Wishes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.