Home Forums Unity SDK TobiiXR SDK generates lag

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jelle Van De Sijpe
    Participant

Hi,

I recently added the latest TobiiXR Unity plugin to my Unity project to collect data as to where (which part of an npc) a user is looking during the experience. I use a HTC Vive Pro eye headset to collect the eye tracking data, using the sranipal software. However, the Tobii software has a very high usage according to my Unity profiler. Starting the project with the Tobii software enabled makes the scene laggy. Does anybody know a solution to this problem, because I wouldn’t think that eye tracking uses that much resources.

As seen on the profiler screenshot below, the blue is almost 100% tobii software. Even an empty scene is laggy with the software enabled, only when using VIVE eye tracking data (so not when using headset vector / mouse data). The function that takes much time is called ‘TobiiXR_Lifecycle.Update()’.

Unity profiler

Thanks in advance!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jelleman, To be able to see exactly what is taking time, please switch the profiler view from “Timeline” to “Hierarchy”, and take a screenshot of the call stack fully expanded (all the children of “TobiiXR_Lifecycle.Update()”). Thereafter, we should have a better idea of what is happening. Best Wishes.

Jelle Van De Sijpe
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply!
    I will post a screenshot of the hierarchy asap (in an hour or two)
    Regards

Jelle Van De Sijpe
    Participant

Hi,

This is the hierarchy view. It does not seem to show much..

hierarchy view of profiler

Regards

Jelle Van De Sijpe
    Participant

Hi,

I looked through the code myself and found where the delay is coming from but I do not know if this is normal. The delay comes from the ‘Tick()’ function in the HTCProvider class. As soon as one of the invoke lines is executed (line 109, 116, 121, 127, 128, doesn’t matter how much or which one is executed, I suppose these are calls to SRanipal?), the delay is 10ms. Otherwise, when these lines are not present, there is minimal delay. I am running SRanipal 1.3.1.1 but I already ran the latest version with the same problem.

code

Regards

Jelle Van De Sijpe
    Participant

Hi,

Any updates on this problem?

Thanks in advance

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jelleman, good that you identified that the delay is coming from HTC own SDK.. Did you try already posting on their own forum about this? I’m afraid as the root is no longer the Tobii SDK specifically, we cannot currently assign resources to investigating. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.