Home Forums Software Development Unable to install Tobii Eye Experience 0.8.17.1196-alpha

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m not able to install the Tobii Eye Experience 0.8.17.1196-alpha software.

My system does not have any Tobii drivers or software installed before.

Installation error

I’m using a Dell-XPS-27 with USB 3.0 ports & Windows 8.1 64-bit OS installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Fairuz

Hi there,
    actually that error message doesn’t give our too many details, so to be able to know more, I’d need you to send me the log files which are located here “C:\ProgramData\Tobii” please send them to our support department: http://www.tobii.com/eyex-support

However, I’d guess that you may have some restrictions on your system maybe?
    Is it a corporate windows system handled by your IT, or is it a personal system?

/Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

I just submitted the InstallationGuide.log via the above support link.

My PC is personal and have no restriction.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Fairuz

flj
    Participant

hi,

i had the same problem on my pc and it was avast antivirus which blocked the installation of eyex engine 😉

Andrew Gratta
    Participant

I had to uninstall avast to get past this problem, but now I’m having trouble with calibrations. It says follow the dot, and the the dot just stays there for a while before it gives a generic error message.

Martin Kopecek
    Participant

Hello folks,
    I have same problem, Turn off the Avast did not help me and I do not want to uninstal avast. Can you please somehow fix this problem?

Regards Martin

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

The same kind of error dialog is also discussed in this thread: http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/installer-were-sorry-an-error-occured-installing-tobii/

If it is not a problem with a virus scanning process interfering with the installation, it might be due to problems with the Windows Installer not running or having corrupted registry settings. Other causes might be installing to an encrypted folder or to a substitute drive. See the other thread and linked Windows KB articles there for more information on these possible solutions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.