Home Forums Unity SDK unity inputdevice package conflicts with tobii Unity SDK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben Sutherland
    Participant

Im finding I get errors when I install both the newer Unity package “InputSystem” and the Tobii Unity SDK. I think both packages claim the name inputsystem

has anyone else found this? Even better is there a fix for this?

steps to reproduce.
    1. create new unity 2019.3 project
    2. install the Unity Preview Package Inputsystem (and at least one sample so there is code trying to talk to the package
    3. Install the tobii sdk from the asset store.

log reveals a number of errors.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bensutherland, thanks for bringing this to our attention.. could you kindly clarify if you are working with the Unity for Desktop or VR

Tobii Unity SDK for Desktop

https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/

Would be useful to include some of the log output as well please.

Ben Sutherland
    Participant

Unity for desktop.

after creating a new unity 2019.3 project and installing just tobii and the InputSystem with it’s samples I get these 5 errors:

Assets\Samples\Input System\1.0.0-preview.3\Custom Device\CustomDevice.cs(142,14): error CS0509: ‘CustomDevice’: cannot derive from sealed type ‘InputDevice’

Assets\Samples\Input System\1.0.0-preview.3\Simple Demo\SimpleControls.cs(9,32): error CS0738: ‘SimpleControls’ does not implement interface member ‘IInputActionCollection.devices’. ‘SimpleControls.devices’ cannot implement ‘IInputActionCollection.devices’ because it does not have the matching return type of ‘ReadOnlyArray<InputDevice>?’.

Assets\Samples\Input System\1.0.0-preview.3\Custom Device\CustomDevice.cs(187,29): error CS0115: ‘CustomDevice.FinishSetup()’: no suitable method found to override

Assets\Samples\Input System\1.0.0-preview.3\Custom Device\CustomDevice.cs(201,26): error CS0115: ‘CustomDevice.MakeCurrent()’: no suitable method found to override

Assets\Samples\Input System\1.0.0-preview.3\Custom Device\CustomDevice.cs(209,29): error CS0115: ‘CustomDevice.OnRemoved()’: no suitable method found to override

hope that helps
    -ben

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bensutherland, just let you know that we have been able to reproduce the issue in house, so thanks for letting us know. Whilst the new input system in preview, we cannot prioritise a fix for this right now but will be looking at this possible conflict for future releases of the Unity Engine.

That being said, we suspect the compilation errors may be overcome by reworking the sample scripts as there should be no conflict between the API’s.
    Hopefully, you are able to work with the older inputsystem for now and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.