Home Forums Software Development WPF memory leaks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin Chrzan
    Participant

Hi guys,

currently available version of Tobii.Interaction (0.7.3) seems to be creating memory leaks in WPF. WpfInteractionAgent class is holding references to FrameworkElements which are no longer relevant in internal _wpfInteractors field.
    This will cause that if using application with many dynamic elements (creating, destroying) memory consumption will rise heavily.
    As a workaround I tried to remove elements them-self on unload event like this:

_eyetrackerManager.WpfInteractorAgent.RemoveInteractor(this);

However, this will just move references to these elements into _deletedWpfInteractors variable in WpfInteractionAgent so it is still hold in a memory.
    Is there any reason you do that, or can you expose some method such as “CleanRemovedInteractors” to get rid of them? Is there any other workaround how to clean memory?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @martinchrzan, thanks for your report. I have forwarded to your message to the developers and we should hopefully be able to provide you feedback promptly.
    Thanks for your patience whilst we investigate this issue further.

Samuel Engelman
    Participant

Was any progress made on this? I’m facing the same issue.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @shmulyeng, sorry to hear about your issues. I am afraid to say that the Core SDK is soon to be deprecated and replaced by the new Tobii Interaction Library so for the time being, we cannot unfortunately prioritise a solution for this issue as we have been unable to reproduce in house.

If possible, we would recommend you investigate porting the code to the Interaction Library for which you can find further information @ https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers-interaction-library/

Apologies for the inconvenience, we hope the possible memory leaks do not interfere with your project development greatly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.