[Solved] Rebind Tobii EyeX Left Control Key

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Rebind Tobii EyeX Left Control Key

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Lee
    Participant

I recently updated to the new 2.x version from the 2015 software, and am quite impressed! (Windows Hello works with this?!) However I ran into a major keyboard rebinding issue…

As soon as Tobii EyeX starts up and automatically enables, the Left Control Key is repurposed into some kind of Tobii EyeX interaction key (That has no apparent usage??) It creates a little blip on the screen when pressed, but has no apparent use for Windows programs.

However, I use the Left Control Key for many program shortcuts, and while Tobii EyeX is enabled, they do not work. Immediately after clicking “Disable Eye Tracker”, the key returns to normal functionality.

I can’t find a way to rebind this key in Tobii EyeX’s new settings menus… Am I missing something?
    Thanks.

Using Tobii EyeX Interaction version: 2.1.1.3125
    SteelSeries Sentry
    US ANSI English Layout Keyboard
    Windows 10 Pro

On an unrelated note, it seems like the previous calibration method of following the dot to the 9 locations had better accuracy; though this new method is basically as good with a few attempts. Still, is there a way to refine the calibration or bring up the old one for comparison?

Oh and no “Control+Shift+Alt+F12” debug visualization?

Nice job overall! I hope more applications take advantage of the tech.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @lexarv,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the equipment!

I believe this binding of the left control key is a remnant of an earlier version of the controller software.

Try going to the settings panel, and choosing to “reset settings”

Failing that, try closing down all Tobii processes and renaming the Tobii folder located within %localappdata%

let me know how you get on.

Christopher Lee
    Participant

Hi @grant-rogers,

Thanks for that quick reply. And problem solved! Reset settings immediately fixed it.
    (Which also solved the “Control+Shift+Alt+F12” debug eye data.) Excellent!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.