Home Forums Software Development theHunter and EyeX

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    John Tucker
    Participant

Wess, Konstantin,

That guy might be onto something though. About the installer. He said he extracted files from the setup.exe file, but how he got that file is beyond me as installation was automatic for me. I’ve looked for that file, but can’t find it.

wess
    Participant

Thanks for the reply im going to try it on another Pc i have
    that has THE HUNTER on it

Travis Crumley
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue. Everything was fine on another PC running Windows 10, but this one refuses to let eyeX enable. The only plausible reason I can think of is that this one has another monitor (I’ve tried changing resolutions/main displays to no avail).

It’s also running Windows 7 instead of 10 so that might be an issue too. The EyeX tracker itself works fine more or less (disconnects on occasion) but theHunter won’t recognize it. I don’t have the primal version to test that out.

Has anyone found any further clues on this?

wess
    Participant

How do we get this problem fixed
    In the hunter menu it says it’s not available??!!! Is tobii going to help us !!!!!!!!

wess
    Participant

Can the the hunter team
    Help fix this ??

John Tucker
    Participant

Wess, there is yet another person with this same issue. My issue is solved. I requested a refund. I suggest that you and this other person do the same. It’s not going to get fixed anytime soon, if at all, simply because neither party seems to be taking responsibility for it. EW says, we are not going to support it. Tobii says, it’s not on our side, it’s the programming. Go talk to EW.

Return form: http://developer.tobii.com/support/return-eyex-controller/

Good Luck,
    jt

Travis Crumley
    Participant

Now here’s another clue to this issue. I have been using it on a third computer, and it was originally working fine. I ran everything through its paces no problem. Fast forward to this morning. I started it up and suddenly it had the Not Available error. Previously I’d not encountered this on this computer. The notable things I installed on both computers to get Tobii running was the Intel Extensible Host 3.0 driver, so perhaps that’s part of the issue? They’re both also running Windows 7, I haven’t had any issues when I can run it in Windows 10.

Anyhow, I’ve returned to a restore point before I installed the game (for the first time when it was working) and I’m hoping I can get it working again, fingers crossed. I didn’t really buy the Tobii to use with theHunter, it’s just a nice demo for it, but if you bought it for this purpose a refund is probably not a bad idea. Hopefully I can find what the issue is though, because it’s definitely an odd error that is hard to debug.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.