[Solved] Odd values of eye_position_from_eye_tracker_mm

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Odd values of eye_position_from_eye_tracker_mm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tobias
    Participant

Hi,

I want to get the 3D position of both eyes in mm. So I used the output of eye_position_from_eye_tracker_mm while the eyes are tracked. The problem is that I receive data around 2.000e-324. These values (all 2000 data points) are not what I have expected.

The normalized data (eye_position_in_track_box_normalized) and the gaze data are OK.

For me it looks obviously like an error. But I have no clue how to handle this issue. Are there any options to adjust these values?

Thanks, Tobi

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tobi90,

May I ask if you have tried the MinimalEyePositionDataStream sample application from the SDK with this tracker?

Also, could you open the tray application and look at the eye visualization there to see if eye position within tracking box moves around as the head moves around to show if there is perhaps an issue of hardware or environment.

Certainly the values you have reported are abnormal for the non-normalised data.

Tobias
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the MinimalEyePositionDataStream sample and the values are OK. I try to work out whats the difference to my app and mark the thread as solved.

Thanks for the impact 🙂

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks for the update Tobias.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.