Home Forums Feature Requests API for turn off the LEDs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mono
    Participant

I want to make an application for some user who has approved the application which has full control. Please implement some APIs that able to turn off/on the IR LEDs.

Mono
    Participant

They should rest a moment in their chairs without moving their body, and their eyes should also rest.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mono-developer, thank you for your request. However, there is no open way to pause the tracker since it would destroy the experience for all other apps. It would require the need to keep track of the state, which tracker is on and off (especially in a multi tracker scenario) etc.

As it stands the only means of turning the LEDs off is via the Tobii Interaction Software within the Windows System Tray.. we do however hope to implement a global keyboard shortcut to make this process easier, but pausing the tracker within the API is something not planned for the future. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Mono
    Participant

So I requested. The API is able to disable the IR LED feature by an application which has the granted permission from the user. So the user has already acknowledged about IR has controlled by the application. This API required you need to implement some exceptional situation as the application has terminated by unknown errors. (if the situation occurred, then back to the IR status before controlled by the application.)

Your idea is good. If IR LED has controlled by a shortcut key, maybe the API is not required. The application can send the shortcut key signal to Tobii. Finally, it can be controlled by the application as same as the API provided. Sure, the user knows about this.

And I request the other feature to IR LED frequency. 90Hz is good but it is over spec frequency than needed for some applications. As the above. If the user agrees to an application control the frequency is controlled by the application. It will be the helpful feature for who worries about potential aversion about IR.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mono-developer,

Thanks for your patience, hopefully we should have this workaround implemented soon in a forthcoming release for the Tobii Interaction Software.

As for altering the IR Frequency, I am afraid this is not something that for the time being can be modified or we intend to open for modification in the near future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.