This is a beta release of the SDK, more information will follow shortly. To get started, please follow these 3 steps:
Step 1: Install and make sure your eye tracker is working
Tobii Unreal Engine SDK requires the following setup on your computer:
- Unreal Engine 4.21 or later
- Windows 10, 8.1, or 7
- Target build platform Windows32/64
- Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software (either downloaded install bundle for peripheral eye tracker, or pre-installed on integrated systems)
- Tobii consumer eye tracker peripheral or built-in device. You can find information about available products here: https://tobiigaming.com/products/.
Step 2: Download the Tobii Unreal Engine SDK
If you haven’t already done so, please create an account for these pages and download the SDK here.
The Tobii Unreal Engine SDK has support for both desktop and VR trackers.
Step 3: Play around with our samples
Adding eye tracking to your Unreal project is easy. Currently we are a bit low on online documentation and API references for the Unreal Engine 4 SDK but instead we urge you to dive into the SDK Samples that are included in the SDK. We believe that you will find this to be the fastest and most fun way to get to understand eye tracking and what it can do for your game or application.
To get started:
- Unzip this package into the Plugins folder in your project. The uplugin file should be located here: MyProject/Plugins/TobiiEyetracking/TobiiEyetracking.uplugin
- Launch your project again and follow the prompts from there to get to the samples and try out some eyetracked interactions!
- After trying out the samples, you can then either read more about how the samples are put together here, or you can dive directly into the API and learn about eye tracking concepts.