Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Best Mouse Programs for Tobii EyeX?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Yes, I know the EyeX was not intended solely as a mouse replacement, but I want to try using the EyeX as a mouse. What are the best programs you recommend to this end? Currently Project IRIS seems the most promising I’ve found.

Alexandre
    Participant

Someone know saying if the EyeX SDK can to plug with switches?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @alexandre, At this time the EyeX does not support integration with external switches in the same fashion as the Tobii Assistive Devices do (I assume this is what you meant).

However, one may be able to implement this using a bespoke application with the EyeX SDK.

Alexandre
    Participant

To bind keystrokes to events would be fine.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

I do not see any technical reason why should not be able to integrate some physical switch into you EyeX SDK application, assuming of course the switch comes with a compatible language binding SDK of it’s own.

Alexandre
    Participant

To go beyond the mouse in the standard software. In really is not necessary to think in switches but in multiple keystrokes binding and actions. The current mouse config into EyeX’s software is very basic. I would want to use keystrokes for some of actions that today can be configured to mouse only.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.