Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Connection failed on Android device

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    giovanni rocca
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m using an Android device with a micro-usb adapter. I’m able to activate the network interface on the Rex device, in fact, if I run “netcfg” on the terminal emulator i can see the interface usb0 up and with the ip address assigned. However, when i push the connect button, the app return an error “Connection failed: 202”. Is there any error reference?

I know that Android devices have problems with the power consumption of the tobii rex tracker, probably the device doesn’t provide enough power to the tracker?

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi,

There might be power consumption issues as you say, but in this case we suspect that you get the wrong ip address from netcfg. The IP address for the Tobii REX eye tracker is hard coded to 172.28.195.1

giovanni rocca
    Participant

I can’t connect to it even with the ip you gave me. Attached screens!

Thanks

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Ok, just to check.
    1) Have you rooted the Android device?
    2) Have you downgraded the REX firmware so it uses USB-TCP/IP?
    3) What does lsusb tell you?

The Android documentation is almost non-existing at the moment, but here are some instructions: http://developer.tobii.com/rex-firmware/

giovanni rocca
    Participant

Hello,
    1) yes of course, otherwise Android won’t let you run netcfg
    2) yes
    3)
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05c6:904c //persistent if tobii unplugged
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0525:a4a1 //not persistent if tobii unplugged
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 16b6:0002 //persistent if tobii unplugged
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 16b6:0002 //not persistent if tobii unplugged

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Ok, then you should be fine.

We are wondering about the test application that you show on the screenshots. Did you build it yourself or get it from Tobii? It looks like an old demo app that was written a long time ago and thus might not be up-to-date.

Another thing to test is if you can compile and run the command line samples provided with the Tobii Gaze SDK package, for example MinimalTracker.c.

giovanni rocca
    Participant

I’m using the sample that konstantin sent me via mail!

Anders
    Participant

Hi giovanni,
    it could be that the eye tracker isn’t mounted as an active network interface. Try the command ifconfig -a to list the available interfaces. There should be one called usb0 or similar, and if you are lucky then there will also be a line starting with “inet addr” that shows the IP address bound to the interface. If not, you can try to activate the interface using the commands:

su
    netcfg usb0 up
    netcf usb0 dhcp
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.